Xiaomi Yeelight IPL Color LED WiFi Bulb

@Tyler can someone in smartthings let us understand if there is any progress to allow an official smart apps from yeelight? Thanks

2 Likes

Thanks for pinging me about this. I can’t make any promises but I’ve sent it to a few key people here at SmartThings.

8 Likes

Hi Tyler looking forward to have some good news and it is being sold in USA with Alexa and ifttt support

It’s a shame they’re so marked up on Amazon. They should be in the $15-20 range like they are overseas. I was looking forward to buying them in that affordable range, but for $5 more than the $35 they’re charging, we can get 2nd Gen Hue RGBW bulbs when they’re on sale.

Hi @tyler is there any official statement from smartthings regrading this? Although obviously @davec is trying another way but I assume it is always good to have the device handler from the manufacturer

3 Likes

I don’t understand why smartthings is standing still when Alexa already has support while Google assistant and Google home support are coming, just disappointing

I’m completely new to smart things and I have the yee bulbs and strips all over the house when people start to realize how much Cree and Phillips are ripping them off it will become more popular. I kind of don’t understand the technical jargon of why Cree and smart things don’t play nice but I think neither side is willing to change their platform for the other. My question is if there is a custom dth created with a smart app that makes one login into their yee account why couldn’t that work to control the lights like how alexa does