Xiaomi devices on sale (buttons/sensors/cubes)

It won’t be a problem. There are number of things going in to what device a zigbee device selects as a repeater, including signal strength and whether or not it’s the hub. :sunglasses:

Zigbee was a fully baked protocol before smartthings ever came into the picture. It works for everything from set-top boxes to smart meters to the very expensive high-end home automation systems like control 4.

SmartThings hasn’t implemented the full specification, but network creation is the same process.

My package arrivedtoday!! I got 3 buttons, 3 motion sensors, 3 contact sensors and 1 cube.
WOW they are SMALL!!! I love the low profile size. Package was so small i thought that thay wherent all in there. All the sensors work great too!! After adding the DTH it was easier to pair then what I read on forums. Literally just press the link button continuously until it shows up will looking for devices. Pressed a few more times for good measure. be aware that continuously pressing is necessary to pair correctly!!
I have them up and automating my devices with just one motion sensor requiring a repair after a few hours but then was good to go again. CoRE integration works great as well. Had a push or hold option for the button. I did have a little trouble with the hold action being activated by the press or vice versa but seems to be only a problem if I press the button quickly. And extending the time needed for hold to be activated helped as well.

Hi. Bit of a newbie here. Got a st hub and waiting for some xiaomi door sensors. What is the reliability of these? Wanted to used them as a security system.
Thanks

Pretty reliable so far. Only had for the day but I use themy for my security system at the moment. I use a device monitor app to let me know if a device stops responding for 24 hours so I can check on it.

I have had a door sensor fitted for a month now.
I have only had one issue when for some reason it didn’t register the door closing.
I have a CoRE piston which warns me if the door remains open for 15 minutes that was how I knew.

Sorry but as i mention very newbie… device monitor app?

Core piston? I think i have a lot of reading to do…

1 Like

Hi @Pjvs,

This should get you started with ST:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SmartThings

Hi @Squidward,

I have tried pairing my Xiaomi buttons and tempreture sensor. I already have the DH published to me.
What do you mean by “continuasly”?
1)Do you mean put the ST Hub into the pairing mode.
2)Press and hold the link button with out letting it go, until the ST Hub recognizes it?!

You keep pressing the pair button on the xiaomi device until it shows up. (not held; just keep tapping it every second or 3 seconds or whatever)

2 Likes

[quote=“JDRoberts, post:38, topic:78892, full:true”]
That’s true, but the humans don’t get to select which devices are used as repeaters. The devices make that choice for themselves. So just having an Osram bulb connected directly to the smartthings hub could cause a battery powered device near that bulb to choose it as a repeater.[/quote]

Humm, so if you connect the Osram Lightify bulbs to the ST hub, you risk damaging your zigbee mesh. If you connect them to the Osram gateway, you can’t control them via ST. Seems like a damned if you do, damned if you don’t type of situation. This is something that I’m surprised did not come up in my “justifying Hue cost” thread a while back.

And makes it very hard to trouble shoot any issue you might be having. It’s even more concerning since the problem might not exist when you first start out with HA as you have so few devices that the bulbs can keep up with the traffic. But after you have bought into the system and have lot of devices, the problem shows up and you are now heavily invest in the cause of your problem.

1 Like

I tried that last night for about 10 minutes with no results.

It does take a bunch of presses but both of my buttons paired in a minute or so while stabbing the pair button with an earing. LOL

Someone posted that they had to use the Event viewer in the API in order to get the network address and than manually created the device.

I tried that and it connected but gave no responses. Only the vigorous press connected them correctly.

Strange. The button and the sensors work. Their LED’s respond. I will try the button pressing again tonight and if that fails, I will try the IDE way. Thanks. Will post an update when I am done…Either way.

1 Like

I tried theIDE way of pairing and it works perfectly.

https://community.smartthings.com/t/xiaomi-zigbee-outlet-steps-to-pair-any-xiaomi-zigbee-device/67582?u=lmosenko

3 Likes

Do you guys all track the shipments when you get stuff from China like this?
Pretty interesting seeing it as it goes through each stop along the way.

2 Likes

Heads-up: The motion sensor is $8.89 and the door/windows sensor - $6.99 right now. That’s about $2 cheaper than yesterday for the motion sensor.

2 Likes