What's best for ductless units....sensibo or flair puck

(Dominick Barile) #1

Hi guys. I have 6 daikin ductless units in my house that also do heat. I am wondering which of the above works best with smartthings & ductless units themselves. Thanks for your input.
Dom

Have you tried searching the forum? There are bunch of articles in here about them.
http://community.smartthings.com/search?q=Ductless

(Mark) #3

There’s a free integration available for sensibo, works fine for my window a/c units.

There’s an integration for flair too, I haven’t tried it yet because it’s not free. I might when the weather gets warmer and we’re using the a/c’s again.

(Dominick Barile) #4

I have searched the forums and that’s why I asked the question. I see positive and negative reviews but I have not seen anyone who may e was able to compare both. Both items are expensive and I have 6 ductless units but I guess I’ll just keep searching until I’m ready to make a purchase.

(Dominick Barile) #5

I thought the flair smartthings integration was free.

(Mark) #6

Last time I checked, around September or so, the only integration with Flair was written by @yvesracine, and you have to purchase a license to access his device handlers on his website.

Which integration are you referring to?

(Dominick Barile) #7

I think that was the thread for flair integration that I read up on. I didn’t know he charged for it.

(Yves Racine) #8

Hi,

The only Flair-SmartThings integration is the following one:

And, it’s been approved by Flair as indicated here by Daniel Myers (founder) here:

Given the amount of work involved, there is no other ST integration (and there will never be another one under the current ST platform)…

I ask a small contribution to the code as it took me more than 6 months to design, develop, and test the Device Type Handlers (My Puck, My Flair Vent, My HVAC Unit DTHs)…

Regards.

(Dominick Barile) #9

I was not talking about the cost for the dth. You have every right to charge for your time and effort. I was talking about the actual devices…flair and sensibo. Both are new products and not all the reviews have been great. I like the flair because it looks sleek iiim and uses batteries but the sensibo I think is just a better design…I really don’t know because the review base for both products is small. I will say I sent a email to flair support with a couple of questions and they never responded. That’s poor service on their part.

As for paying for the dth…I have no problem with paying for it.

(Dominick Barile) #10

@yvesracine I do have a question…does your dth work with alexa?

(Yves Racine) #11

Hi, there are several users under my thread who have been using the Flair devices… You can ask
@theCMack for example as I know that he’s been using a lot of flair devices at his home.

I myself have few flair devices and they have been working as expected so far. I haven’t had any issues with them except that pairing a HVAC unit (split/portable heater/cooler) is not always easy as Flair uses IR codes to control them.

Regards.

(Yves Racine) #12

Yes, My Flair DTHs work with Alexa and if you integrate them with the Ask Alexa smartapp, there are even more features (like voice summary reports for past day/week).

Refer to my thread:

P.S. To control your units in a structured & smart way, you’d need my zoned heating/cooling solution which has been customized for controlling My Flair devices with the concept of rooms/zones/schedules.

For more details, refer to

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=ScheduleTstatZones

Regards.