Weekly Update from Alex - 07/10/16

My SHM did not disable either, second time in three days.

6:30am asked SHM to turn off:

Then at 7:24am I opened a door:

2 Likes

I would bring to the attention of @ adam or send into support and ask Christopher to take a look at it.

Seems to be the same issue I had, I can’t reproduce it, it seems intermittent. But certainly is an bug.

Ya’ll have more devices and automations than the average customer, and therefore more likely to see (and call attention to) a failure that a general end-user won’t notice. If you’re super sure that all of the triggers were correct, my previous post still holds:

If you already have one in the ether, DM me a ticket number

Hey, may be unrelated but automated lights turned on/off with nobody and no routines controlling them yesterday evening. It seems ST is still sending phantom switch reads out.

1 Like

Submit a ticket to support@ with the name of the light and the date/approximate time this occurred.

Check this out! Brand new arrival sensor arrived at home while it was at home, twice in the past few days. Not a range inssue either as the sensor is sitting between two repreaters, just a few feet from the hub.

I submitted a request to support for the random lights turning on for 3 days. They looked at it and just told me to a refresh. Was told a random light turning on here or there is expected. Hope not!!!. But I guess since they pushed an update on 2 devices and 1 SL app and a weather update app it hasn’t happened again.

1 Like

Unfortunately, this is common experience with trying to root out bugs when opening cases via support. Try chat, ask for a bug report.

Do you have good logs? Are you able to reproduce?

Consider engaging @ Aaron if you aren’t having luck and you are confident you can demonstrate bug.

2 Likes

@Lee_Ross

This is absolutely NOT the right answer coming from support. You got on the line with a complete idiot!

Random lights turning is normal… so, should my doors fly open, the alarm go off and not be able to turn off, locks unlock randomly, presence sensors checking in and routines firing at 4:43 am…

Oh… wait… I guess it is normal… sorry…

3 Likes

Tagging @Tyler

@Lee_Ross

That was not a normal response from our support organization and will be following up on this.

5 Likes

Aaron, it was Nightstand North and the post already tells you the time.

Reproducing anything in SmartThings is dicey. It usually works correctly, except the SHM/Location combination, but the failure and phantom rates are high enough to be frustrating… but not reproducible.

3 Likes

Unfortunately no I don’t have any logs. Haven’t been able to reproduce anything since they refreshed on there end.

I typically try to avoid support. I only go there when I can not find a problem on my end or when I don’t see anything in the forums that someone else is having similar problems.

That be said I’m very happy with my system. I have about 65 devices I don’t use SHM in anyway never have. And still expandin my system. Trying to catch up with you, even though I don’t think that’s possible.

I’ve had very few problems and most of the ones I’ve had have been because of my dumbnes experimenting on what would work and would should work.

2 Likes

Thank you sir

1 Like

Our support team is tooooo good looking to avoid. Once you meet the team, you fall in love (it’s how I was won over). But seriously… keep sending reports to the team so they can tag and track issues. They are going to offer some shortterm fixes (remove and re-add), but they are also tagging tickets, pulling logs, and looking into trends. The more reports we have, the easier it is to isolate and prioritize.

(also, @Lee_Ross, I got your DM and am connecting separately)

3 Likes

Yoo hoo, we are back in time! It’s October, November, March all over again. Away mode changed to home but the hub still thinks I am away and acts as if I am, but the mobile app shows home mode. And my internet is working, has been working and is still working. This is just fantastic! On the bright side, I haven’t seen this happening since March. On the dark side, this week I’ve had the same issues like during the March meltdown. I thought ST was making PROgress not REgress.

1 Like

Isolated edge case, your apps have been refreshed, please reboot your hub.

1 Like

You are ‘tooooo good looking’ I might fall in love with you, but you may have a problem with my wife she is known for being very jealous…

4 Likes