Washer and dryer notification

Would this work as a trigger if placed on a phone flasher (strobes when call comes in)?!
Like below

Probably not because the device doesn’t report light changes instantly…

That looks like a large LED so maybe a regular light sensor placed close to it would work.

Well that sucks (already ordered it) my zooz 4 in 1 reacts just like you described. Plan C it is. I have no plan C. :slight_smile:

If you join it as a powered device the response is much quicker than when powered by batteries so you might as well try it and see if it responds quick enough before shipping it back.

The zooz 4-in-1 sensor takes measurements at 3 minute intervals and has a very limited range of light detection, but there are other light sensors like the Dome Motion Sensor that can detect light changes within a few seconds.

1 Like

In case anyone else looks for info on this sensor, I have yet to subject it to the phone flasher but simply turn my cell phone to it fairly quickly (like a flashing light would do) it activates beautifully.

What app did you use to monitor the ‘button presses’ I’m trying to get a notification when the button 1 is pressed to let me know the washer is finished

Any app in the classic mobile app that supports buttons should work with the handler.

If you’re using the new mobile app then you’ll probably need to use something like notify me or button controller because the Automations feature doesn’t support multiple button numbers and I won’t have time to re-implement the button functionality to make it work with both mobile apps for a while.