Updates to the SmartThings Platform

What is the “it” you are referring to that is being deprecated? webCore, maybe? If so, look at SharpTools Rule Engine as a replacement. It’s not quite as robust as webCore, but unless your pistons are unusually complex, it will work just fine.

2 Likes

I also use webCoRE to trigger life X scenes. Another alternative maybe Ifttt when Webcor is no longer available.

Sorry @Bry, yes, webCore. I don’t know anything about SharpTools Rule Engine. Is that 3rd party? Smarthings?

1 Like
3 Likes

Are you triggering them via an API call or something?

1 Like

Yes. @ ady (can’t find his username- doesn’t populate like it used to) set it up that way.

Adrian no longer works at SmartThings. When he left, his community account disapeared.

2 Likes

I was afraid of that. Does anybody know where he went?

Chewy I believe

3 Likes

Try this new edge driver to post API calls

6 Likes

Wait, like Chewy the online pet store? That seems an odd transition, but bummer to see him go either way.

1 Like

Chewy is a very technology forward company - a lot of people point at how they do some of thier processes as good examples. They are also very much into building a mobile first storefront (first class handheld app experience). They’re pretty heavily invested in AWS/Google cloud and then Airship to help build the client side. Im not suprised in the least. Good for him.

2 Likes

Now if Chewy could only improve their deliveries. I used them twice… one package was left on porch steps while it was raining; second package was left on my driveway… three feet from the curb. Very poor delivery service.

You mean UPS? Well yeah, thats what Brown can do for you… :sunglasses:

not UPS… not really sure who handled the delivery. not ups or fedex.

FedEx here and usually next day but I think I have a Chewy distro center pretty close.

Overall I’m very impressed with the company.

Our delivery experiences with Chewy have been acceptable, nothing particularly noticeable either way.

Sharptools rocks my friend !!

4 Likes

If you’re good at writing code, you can work anywhere.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

They usually use FedEx when I get my shipments, not their own delivery. It might not be them but the delivery vendor.