[UPDATED 3/27/18] GCal Search

Thanks @infofiend and @TN_Oldman.

I can see the attribute against contact sensor in CoRE (not against presence sensor?) but not how to monitor it for change. Will have a play around tonight and see if I can crack it.

If I remember right, I think I selected ā€œchangesā€ as my trigger. Then set it to send only a start message and not an end message.

I could not select ā€œisā€ or anything like that and check for on or off? I also could not type on or off as the value.

I set up a test for an event later today. If it works then Iā€™ll post back.

Iā€™ve still not reconfigured my Gcal triggers to the new code. Dang to-do list keeps growing.

To report back the results of my test today. Using changes cause core to see BOTH the on and off events. I had it set to send a SMS.

For whatever reason I got 3 on events for the message. 2:30 (when it should have occured), 2:43 and 2:57. I then got the message when it changed to off at 5:00

I set up another test for tomorrow by changing core to sensor vs contact. Core let me select ā€œis onā€ as my trigger for the attribute. Well see.

It would be much more helpful if you include the piston logic you are using.

I can, I worked on this later in the day yesterday while at work. I set up a core piston using the ā€œoffsetnotifyā€ attribute with 3 separate triggers using the base device as a sensor, switch, and contact sensor. Itā€™s set to go off at 3:00 today with the start message 30 minutes before and no end message.

Iā€™ll post more info and details later today or tomorrow. Iā€™ll share the core piston this time as an example. Just want to be sure it works before I share.
Yesterdayā€™s multiple start messages could have been my mistake.

I did some testing last night too - I was also getting multiple notifications as you saw, with the same GCal notifications in the notifications log.

I couldnā€™t see a way of having CoRE directly interrogate offsetNotify - Iā€™m not using CoRE in expert mode so could be that? So I was capturing it in a core variable and checking if that changed, sending a notification if it did. I could see the variable updating, but that notification step never executed so I was clearly doing something wrong. Then I gave up for the night.

As @infofiend says, Iā€™ll post my piston logic next time, would be great if you manage to as wellā€¦

Well my test today didnā€™t work. OffsetNotify evidently fired because core saw it. I did not get my test SMS messages I was using to track it. So my core piston was evidently flawed.
Not sure why?
Iā€™m off tomorrow so going to try again tonight and see what I can figure out.

Again I did receive multiple notification from Gcal my event was coming. At 2:30 (as expected) and again at 2:43.

Here is a screen shot of the whole piston in core. I was hoping to get multiple messages when each piece went true at the same time.

Be aware it didnā€™t work like I hoped but Iā€™ll work on it.

I went back to absolute basics and tried this - it works.

I still get multiple notifications of both the event details and offsetNotify changing to on at times after offsetNotify initially turns on. @infofiend, are there some logs I can provide for you if youā€™d like to take a look at this?

Thanks both for your help so far

1 Like

Great, Iā€™m glad it works. Weā€™ll just have to figure out the multiple triggers thing.

So my piston didnā€™t fire this morning - just checking Iā€™ve got the latest of every app, suspect a change to Hive (thermostat control) but havenā€™t got that far yet.

Regardless, I saw many notifications. Anybody else seeing this?

Cheers
Sharky

Hi
First of all - thanks for that great App - use it for Good Morning and Good Night Routines already (in combination with Automagic.

Is it possible to realise the following use case:

• I have all the dates for trash collection days in my google calendar
  • Iā€™m from Germany - so there are 3 different types of trash: Lets call them Black, Green and Yellow
  • I want to get a notification 1 day before the date as soon as I arrive home.

Thank you
Marco

This is probably a question thatā€™s been answered several times over but I canā€™t seem to figure it out. I have the SmartApp set to notify me 2 hours (-120 minutes) prior to an event in my calendar. Will the contact sensor read closed or change at all at this time? If not, what do I monitor (in either WebCoRE or SharpTools/Tasker) to tell when this occurs?

1 Like

thx for the reply.

I realized it now with the following workaround - not perfect but for the moment it works:

• I receive a notify 8 hourse before the event starts (4pm)
  • this notification triggers a virtual switch (with Tasker/SharpTools)
  • in total I have 3 different virtual switches for the different kind of trashes
  • as soon as Iā€™m coming home my sonos speakers starts talking (WebCoRE) and reminds me to put the trash out.

Hi, did you get the answer to this question of what to monitor in CoRE?.

I tried monitoring the offsetNotify attribute for changes. This works initially but then just keeps re-triggering the event everytime the schedule refreshes. Thanks

Your correct in that offsetnotify is the attribute to monitor for the trigger for the before event setting. If you notice further up in the thread we discussed the multiple triggers issue.

I donā€™t believe a fix for that was ever created.

Is it only events added after installing this smartapp that will appear in search? I need to update all calendar events in cal app?
Cause some events tomorrow and some one week ahead does not appear to be snatched up by device handler.
But when I added one event today for tomorrow which is after I installed your app, it gets snached up right away, so I can see info in device handler for event.

Is there a way to edit the code so that any and every events time is shifted 30 minutes? So that if a event is in my calendar as 2PM it will show up as 130PM for the presence sensor? Not sure where in the code the time is read in for the events and how to edit that value?

I need help please, Iā€™m not able to install the apps, getting this error :
Oh No! Something Went Wrong!
Error
500: Internal Server Error
URI
/ide/app/doRepoUpdates
Reference Id
28bef25a-792b-4cf0-89e9-f9b52652234b
Date
Wed Nov 08 04:28:43 UTC 2017

@infofiend

Is there a way to remove a Gcal that you set up if the remove button doesnā€™t work. It gives the generic error ā€œsomething went wrongā€

Yeah Iā€™m getting the same error when trying to install. Any ideas?