UPDATE: Recent SmartThings User Experience & Platform Performance

I occasionally get this database error when trying to save apps or device handlers.

I hear you, and many are in your shoes. @bravenel has had a similar miserable experience lately. I hope things will turn for the better soon

My full automations have been pretty rock solid. My modes have all been changing as desired with the associated routines running as well.

My motion automations have been pretty good. I’ve had a couple of times that motion was detected but nothing occurred.

Amazingly, the failing motion automations are the ones triggered by the zigbee motion sensors that keep falling off line. Probably not a coincidence. And yes, the absurd are working at the time the automation fails
 I check it every time.

I’m having a lot of trouble with my echo devices. They are giving the failed tone a lot. This is occurring with ask device types, not just virtual devices. I did delete all devices last night and rediscover in the Alexa app. It made no difference.

And then there are the corrupted rules. Two more today.

I jsut went through my 91 rules. 8 were headless. WHEN DOES IT END

When you have no more working rules.
What can it corrupt then?

Anyone gotten to this point?
Does ST just start creating new rules on its own so it can corrupt them?

1 Like

Saw earlier that someone had lost the RM state! It took everything at once!

1 Like

Be careful what you wish for. :wink:

{Insert favorite challenge-accepted meme here}

1 Like

And rest assured, when the ST platform starts creating rules just to corrupt them, the status page will be immediately updated to let you know. Otherwise, expect that page to be 100% useless and marketing BS.

I wonder why this is happening to some people but not all, at the same frequency. I had a few headlss rules once and a few days later my custom commands vanished, but nothing else for a week

Just when you thought maybe, just MAYBE, things had been resolved with the system, we’re back to not having properly identified monitoring status in the app and even some devices not working. I’ve once again lost control of at least two of my lights now. I also had the pleasure 2 nights ago of having all my lights come on and my siren go off at 12:30am. When I checked the system (after clearing the house with a locked and loaded weapon and my wife rushing to the baby’s room) it said the front door was open. The front door was locked 2 different ways and never budged.

I am more than tired of this. I shouldn’t have to remove all my devices and re-add them every week or two. You folks should have stability in the system that you’re selling, especially after we went for close to two weeks of not having a working system at all.

But here we are again
 your system shows “degraded performance” in SmartApps for North America.

You’re lucky a lot of us aren’t working there
 else a lot of you wouldn’t be!

2 Likes

Good question, I can tell you that I use RM however I only have 2 rules setup at the moment, I had 3 setup but then saw the issue where 1 of my rules lost some information (is that considered “headless”?) and I just removed the rule for now. The rule was just to alert me if the outside temperature dropped below a certain point while any window was open, when I looked at the rule in the app (because I was constantly being alerted even though the temperature was no where near the value I had set and no windows were open) I found that it lost the “Select Trigger Events” section of the rule.

Twitter API, #ThinkSmartThings?

#RuleMachineMatters

4 Likes

Gee, thanks Tim Slagle for moving my post into a thread that has been going for *22 days! Nothing like putting to perfect light the absolute ridiculous methodology you folks seem to be taking to get things right here. Nothing like consigning the problem into obscurity to really showcase the fact that almost a MONTH into your failures and you folks STILL can’t get it right.

Maybe I’ll get another $50 gift certificate to the SmartThings shop to buy more items that don’t work! HA!

I’ll be putting the various non-working items up on ebay along with the $50 hush money SmartThings put on my account for
 wait, I actually won’t sell useless things to anyone unlike some businesses. I don’t want the bad reputation associated with it.

1 Like

#GeekLivesMatter Uh, oh, does that make me a racist? :worried:

2 Likes

Not at all. Geeks come in all sizes, shapes, races, genders and religions!

Guys, personal attacks are not allowed on this community. Continued personal attacks will not be tolerated.

9 Likes

Telling me I have an attitude is acceptable though? Gotchya
 let the lapdog post all he wants.

I definitely also deleted @blebson’s post as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My opinion. They have a distributed database structure. I bet if they actually looked they would find one of the databases or servers is the issue. When you hit one of them you crap gets broke. When you are not on it everything is fine

3 Likes