Under Cabinet Dimmable LED Strip Lighting

The most flexible and least cost solution that I have found for cabinet lighting is using these awesome WiFi controllers on SmartThings with inexpensive RGBWW LED strips or any combination of RGB with dual row LED daylight for task lighting or just plain white LED. Even though the controller gives you the ability to control color you can easy just do simple dimming like what the original poster is doing on white lights. No flicker and very easy on the wallet; The controller $15, power supply $8, 5M of LED strips $15. It does use custom code but it is a fun simple project.

You are probably asking why would I ever want RGB color in my kitchen cabinets lighting since I don’t want party lights? I use it for indications of events like, BLUE means the mailbox was opened, VIOLET indicates one of the exterior doors (garage, front, rear) has been opened more than 5 minutes, GREEN means the alarm system is set ON (so don’t open exterior doors before turning OFF) RED means an Alarm triggered, etc.

1 Like