UK V2 Hub not communicating with Hue devices (June 2023)

Hello, please add me to the bandwagon, I’m in the US if that matters.
Last night none of my hue lights responded to any routines or commands sent via ST app.
However other ST attached devices like zigbee and zwave work properly.

Same email, and I have enabled support access to my account.

Could you please take a look, don’t want to redo the hue hub and lights if i can help it
Thank you!

I had the Hue lose ST control and status updating just once after migration so far, but have now had the same symptoms with the recently migrated Sonos driver.

I just came back to my second home where SmartThings control everything, including my Hue bridges, and all the Hue units are offline - similar to everyone else in this thread. I’ve tried a few of the tips, but to no avail.

My Hue bridge driver version in ST is from July 12, so definitely up to date, but nothing can get it reconnected. :frowning: I haven’t tried 3rd party drivers, and I can’t rediscover my Hue devices as I’m exceeding the 200 device limit (anyone solved that one, by the way?) but have tried resetting, disconnecting etc. Works in the Hue app and ST can control all non-Hue devices.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you, @Paulostuff
I shared your information with the team for them to check your case.

Hi, @SmartJohan. Can you provide support access to your account so I can share your case with the team, please?

1. Confirm the email account registered in the forum is the same one you use for SmartThings. If not, please share it with me over DM
  2. Enable support access to your account:
  1. Go to the SmartThings Web (my.smartthings.com)
  2. Log in to your Samsung Account
  3. Select Menu (⋮) and choose Settings
  4. Toggle on Account Data Access
  5. Select the time period and confirm - In this step, please select “Until turned off”, once the team finishes, we’ll let you know so you can disable it again.
1 Like

Thanks a lot, nayelyz. Steps completed. Confirming it’s the same email address.

I have three ST locations on my account. It’s the Bulmer one that’s the issue.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

I’ve also recently lost control of my Hue devices. My Hue Bridge shows “Connected” in the ST iOS app, but commands are ignored. I power-cycled the Bridge and ST Controller (batteries out), but no change. My SmartThings controller is Model# STH-ETH-200.

3x hue hubs (all on 2023-07-12 firmware)
1x Samsung smartthings hub (000.048.00005)

A few days ago my google home routines which talks to all my hue devices (via smartthings) stopped working
Realised going through smartthings didn’t work either
Hubs are showing connected, lights all show up but on/off status doesn’t reflect the correct details or work when turning on/off via Google Home and smartthings.
Lights work via Hue app.

@nayelyz and @alissa.dornbos access has been turned on for 1 week.

1 Like

Hi there, all my hue lights didnt work after the hotfix, im not able to reaccess and relink my hue account from settings-connected services… every time i try it gives me a random error, could you help me? Trying to talk with samsung support from 5 days but they ever tell to delete and redownload the app, such a shame…

Same here, Hue lights stopped working 3 days ago and not able to re-add. Please advise

Hi, @Michele_Savino, @ecartagena79
I moved you here since we’re discussing issues with the Hue driver specifically in this thread.
Can you provide support access to your account, please?

1. Confirm the email account registered in the forum is the same one you use for SmartThings. If not, please share it with me over DM
  5. Select the time period and confirm - In this step, please select “Until turned off”, once the team finishes, we’ll let you know so you can disable it again.

@mkrugman, Can you also provide access, please?

I did so earlier at your request in conjunction with the failure of my Zigbee and AEOTEC Smart Switch 6 device controls, which are all still out of service.

Hi there, yep ive already enabled access to my account and the mail associated is the same
Thanks

Hi Nayelyz,
I have enabled access per your direction. Please note, in my troubleshooting attempt, I removed the Hue devices, but now I am unable to add them back on. Any help is greatly appreciated.

-EC

| nayelyz Developer Support Team SmartThings Partner
July 17 |

• | - |

Hi, @Michele_Savino, @ecartagena79
I moved you here since we’re discussing issues with the Hue driver specifically in this thread.
Can you provide support access to your account, please?

Hi @nayelyz , have you had a chance to look at mine?

Hi, @Jasonmc.
I shared your information with the team, sorry for not replying to you, that’s why I gave like to your comment to let you know I saw it.

I added the info of the other users as well. Once I get feedback from the team, I’ll share it with you.

1 Like

Same here. Not working for over a month. Waiting on an update :sob:

Thanks waiting for your feedback

Hi @nayelyz - can you add me to your list to investigate please? I gave you access to my account and will DM you my email address. Same symptoms as everyone else - I lost control of my Hue lights overnight July 17 → 18.

Edit: Oh FFS, no I won’t - can’t DM until I’ve been a member for a while. Please let me know another way to contact you privately - thanks!

Hi, @UKAdrianJ
Don’t worry, I used the email you registered here in the Community and was able to access your info and shared it with the team as well.

Note: If you want to ask something privately and can’t send DMs, you can also send an email to our team at build@smartthings.com.

1 Like

An update…

I went through the app, noticed that the ability to set colour temperature (and maybe some other settings) had been removed from the Smart Lighting setup that i use.

Remove the smart lighting routines and recreating minus the colour temp settings has allowed me to get motion sensitive lighting working again.

But it looks like a breaking change was made, removing certain properties from routines/automations and this is what has broken it. If i tried to save the automations with the colour temp still there, the app just errored.