Point of this post (my first post) is just to summarise what options are available for UK homes. There so many options, and so many threads that (most of which in the end don’t apply in the UK). Hopefully the community can review and spot my mistakes, and maybe If I’ve missed something.
I’ve been specifically looking an alarm to fit:
- ‘real’ alarm, not in the cloud. Works without internet!
- Support for both wired and wireless
- Integration with SmartThings
- View ‘real-time’ status of alarm
- View ‘real-time’ status of all sensors (wired and wireless)
- set ARM-AWAY, ARM-STAY and DISARM from SmartThings, and sync with SmartThings ARM-AWAY, ARM-STAY and DISARM.
Vista + Envisalink + SmartThings DTH
- Not available in the UK - Don’t bother reading the thousands of posts…
Livewell Wireless Home Alarm kit
- Integration is cloud to cloud, though someone mentioned that it should be possible to connect to the local web server
- cloud to cloud SmartThings comms are being blocked by HoneyWell due to “abuse of the service” I.E, too many requests.
- Great looking keypad
- no wired support (assumption)
PowerSeries. + Envisalink + Alarm Server + SmartThings DTH
- not the ‘PowerSeries NEO’
- Envisalink provides sensor status in SmartThings, meaning you can use these for other automations
- SmartThings can arm-away, arm-stay and disarm.
- Being phased out
- Wireless kit is 433mhz technology,
- New powerG wireless technology is not compatible
- IT-100, IT-120 similar to Envisalink, but different protocol and no known Alarm Server support or SmartThings DTH.
- https:// github com / juggie / AlarmServer
- https:// github com / kholloway / smartthings-dsc-alarm
- https:// github com / LXXero / DSCAlarm
- https:// community smartthings com / t / dsc-envisalink-4-smartthings-dsc-alarm-server / 25826/7
- http:// www eyezon com / ?page_id=176
- http:// www homesecuritystore com / amfilerating / file / download / file_id / 165 /
- prevents integrations via Envisalink, but provides it’s own?
- no known support in SmartThings
- good selection of wired/wireless sensors
PowerMax Complete (@cjcharles)
- Complete is the recommended option. Express is harder to support due to finding 12V supply (IIRC), and Pro doesn’t bring anything usefull (apparently).
- Self contained solution (which IMO, means a large ugly box in hallway, possibly one of the first sights as you step inside.)
- https:// community smartthings com / t / release-visonic-powermax-alarm / 84119 / 92
- https:// github com / cjcharles0 / SmartThings / tree / master / VisonicAlarm
- http:// www visonic com / Products / Wireless-Property-Protection / PowerMaxComplete
- have a lot of options, and many UK sellers
- wired and wireless, including latest mesh tech (z-wave or zigbee)
- SmartThings integration isn’t going to happen with their current NDA over their API. Unless someone wraps it into a blob, and creates a new public API - not sure legally what is possible.
anything thats works with mobile app (@tapion1ives)
- currently relies on polling to get sensor updates (which might effect battery life)
- Yale keypad is a bit cheap looking.