Ubi Connect

Thanks @jodyalbritton ive just purchased 3 and want to do as much as i can :slight_smile:

Do you know of any way to improve the microphone responsivity :slight_smile: im getting like a 80% response rate atm :slight_smile: i love the one ive set up so far to bits but as people have said they need a few tweaks here and there, after looking at there Facebook and forums it looks like ubi has packed up shop and closed down, i hope to god not haha

Nope. They used to have a sensitivity setting, but removed it. My girlfriend can make it respond better by saying “Opacity” rather than “Ok, Ubi”.

Did you get your developer access?

@jodyalbritton - morning jody

i got my developer access off leor and installed your latest version of the device type and smartapp, everything installed smootly . . . however, the temperature always shows in Fahrenheit no matter what i select and i want it to be celcious ideally :frowning: dunno why this happens, ive tried everything . . . then the other thing is, how on earth do i get other smart apps to recognise ubi as a text to speak device, ive tried media renderer / big talker / sonos apps . . . nothing can Find the ubis i have connected :frowning: any ideas ?

cheers

kyle

Pretty sure it works with big talker, but I think there might be an ubi specific version out there. As far as the Fahrenheit goes, that is a setting on the device type. In the mobile app go to each ubi and change it under preferences.

The latest version works with Sonos type of devices and Ibi type. You select device type during the app setup. Some devices accessible under DLNA show up under both device type.

I currently have two of the kickstater Ubis and one recent replacement and the all work under BigTalk. I see them under the media render under the same name, “Rikomagic” instead of there assigne led names under Ubi.

I have not installed them under media render so info not see them ind Sonos apps. Although I think since they use another speak method they would not show up under Sonos anyway.

@jody.albritton - got it working with bigtalker :slight_smile: thank you very much . . . now just need to work out the Generic media Renderer

in regards to the Fahrenheit to Celsius, does it make a difference if my ST HUB is set to Celsius to start with? no matter what i click in the preferences for the UBI’s it shows one as 67F and the other as 20F so im presuming one has turn to Celsius correctly but still showing the “F” not a “C” . . . hmm i may un-install and instal again and see what it says :slight_smile:

I am re-working the ubi device type to have more options and be more international friendly. Look for an update tonight.

@AutomateEverything

I have a patch for the device type and will be doing more work to address this issue. The temperature will not change until a new update is sent out ie; a change in temp or manual poll. You can use pollster to trigger that change.

3 Likes

Cheers @jodyalbritton shall check this out asap :slight_smile:

Just as an update 9/11/2015

I submitted the Device Type for UBI 10 months ago. I just received an email saying it would not be approved.

Unfortunately, at this time we cannot publish Ubi (Connect). If you feel that this is something that we should review again please resubmit! Even though your Device Type didn’t pass our review process, we still look forward to your innovative ideas and hope you will continue submitting SmartApps for review. Developers like you are the foundation of our open platform.

Not sure what I need to do get it to pass review as there was no indication as to why it failed.

2 Likes

@slagle ? Is there a way to find out why this was rejected?

1 Like

I currently use this and it works great.

2 Likes

SNAPPPPPP Works a dream (minus to the farenheight to celcius conversion) but otherwise 102020202020292% perfect

I fixed that in an update @AutomateEverything. You should be able to use Celsius temps. Edit Device on your ubi should look like this:

Set Fahrenheit to false. Maybe it was a spelling error that got it rejected. :smile:

I have that version it still doesn’t mate :frowning: i set it to false and click save and nothing happens and when i re-open the prefrences its u checked again asif id never checked it :frowning:

Checked . . . Click done

Still shows as farenhight, even if i refresh or reboot app . . .

Open edit device to check whats up and ita already set itself back asif id never clicked it

@slagle - Tim, surely some indication of why a Device Type or SmartApp is “rejected” is in order. Providing what appears to be a cut and paste response without any indication or even the merest hint of a rationale strikes me as one of the quickest ways to discourage developers and turn them away from the platform.

In the absence of any guidance, how is Jody meant to proceed?

Let me double check the preference and make sure that it sticks. I will push an updated version out today.

Make sure you are using this device type @AutomateEverything save and publish it for yourself. The F in the temp as been removed. Once enabled, hit refresh and you should see Celsius temps.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jodyalbritton/smartthings/master/theubi/device_type.groovy

1 Like

Afternoon jody

I updated all that in ide and published it, i got all excited when the “F” had dissapeared and th “o” had appeared but soon realised the issue isnt fixed

1.) As before i went into the ubi prefrences and checked right the farenheigh to celcius conversion as shown:

2.) i clicked done and saved it, but it still shows the farenheight tempreature as you can see even if i close app and reopen or refresh:

As you can see from my smartsense its about 22C not 67C or id be dieing right about now haha

3.) So i go backkkk into prefrences and low and behold its set itself back to farenheight and not saved to Celsius…

Ive checked wether this was because my actual hub location was set to celcius not farenheight and nopeee wether that is set to celcius or farenheight the ubi still only shows farenheight . . . Hmmmm :frowning: im so confused haha

When the toggle is green Fahrenheit is enabled. Slide the toggle to the left for Celsius.

It doesnt matter if its on or off it shows the same reading of " 67celcius " whoch im 120% sure its not haha :slight_smile: ive given up on it to be fair ive tried everything i can think of