Turn off Hue light after fixed period of time?

No sure if this is in the right category but here goes anyway…

I am guessing there is a very easy solution for this but I am yet to find it (only been with Smartthings for a week…).

I have setup a routine that is activated when motion is sensed from one of my Arlo cameras (the motion sensing is only active when my system is in ‘Away’ mode). When motion is sensed between certain hours (ie when it’s dark) it turns on a few Hue lights inside.

What I can’t work out how to add to this is to turn the lights off again after a set period of time.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

check out Smart Lights…

and if you are really adventurous check out webcore…

1 Like

As jkp said, use smart lighting in this situation. It has an option for turn on based on motion and then off after X minutes of no motion.

Perfect thanks! Easy.

I had loaded a couple of Smartapps via the IDE website but had not gone into the Smartapps section on the phone app until now. Thanks again.

Have you found it? It is called Smart Nightlight.

Hi, I found the Smartlights app and it seems to do what I am after. I will look into the Smart Nightlight app also thanks.

Hello, did you figure out a solution to this?

Hi @Lusty,

Did you take a look at the Automation, SmartApps, Smart Lighting?

Start a Smart Lighting “New Lighting Automation”.

Which device do you want to control?

Press that line and all the possibilities are show. Check the Hue bulb(s) you want to control and go Done.

What do you want to do? Turn on.

Select trigger. Tap to set opens all possibilities like switches, door/window, smoke sensors.

Choose your motion sensor by tapping the radio button Motion. It asks for the specific motion sensor.

When does the light has to go on?

Turn on when motion starts.

Then there is a gray slider “turn off after motion stops”. Slide it on.

Fill in “after this minutes”. Fill in 1 minutes for testing.

Now you are finished and save it (push on Save!).

Any forgotten setting will bring you back to the settings. When all set and saved, give it a try.

By movement the Hue light(s) you selected go on. Sit back and after a minute the light goes out.

I have my garden lights between sunset and sunrise :sunrise: on, at 00:00u they go to dim till sunrise, by this Smart Lighting.

Grtn Ben

1 Like