Thingshield to be Discontinued - What the Heck

I want to make sure that everyone is aware of this, This is a huge problem unless you have figured out a work around.

Announcing the "ST_Anything" Arduino/ThingShield Project?

1 Like

That stinks. :frowning:

1 Like

Hello all,

not sure if this is old news or not, but I just received a confirmation that the Thingshield is discontinued and there are no plans to bring it back.

I was asking the Smartthings store when they would be back in stock.

Been under discussion in the forum for a couple of days now:

1 Like

Thanks I will check it out

Not sure if this is any help but I have made a SmartThings development platform on the ARM Mbed. take a look: https://developer.mbed.org/users/Cameron/notebook/samsung-smartthings-mbed-development-platform/

1 Like

Pinging this thread… I’ve had some success with a possible thingshield replacement…

Let me know what you think!

You are replying to a thread which is three years old. They have been many discussion threads since that time about various replacements. In particular, see:

Or if you are looking for something that is specifically Zigbee, see:

Expandable Zigbee Repeater Solution (With Temperature, Humidity, Pressure and Light sensors)

Please don’t resurrect zombie threads (those which Have had no activity for more than a year) unless you have first searched the forum to see if there are more current threads on the same topic.

Otherwise other community members end up reading through dozens and dozens of posts which are very out of date.

Thank you.

1 Like