The Platform Doesn't Work

I’m glad to hear that at least some people don’t experience these issue, but repeating it over and over again does not help those who do. I also don’t believe these issue are “hard to nail down”. We’re talking about 10-15 minute delays that happen fairly regularly for multiple customers. Simply reviewing syslogs should provide enough clues where these delays are happening.

The app I wrote to schlep all of my sensor data into a Graphite instance stopped working at 2am today. When I checked it out, the “next run time” was in the past and it was listed as “WAITING”. Anyone else seen this with a scheduled (cron-style) job?

If it were this simple I’d assume they would have it fixed.

Understood. Neither does repeating over and over that it isn’t without providing any further data. Our goal needs to be to help the STs team narrow down the issue and provide them with data not emotions.

1 Like

I’d love to see and I’m sure STs team as well the following things in posts with scheduling issues

-Time event was scheduled
-Time it fired
-what scheduler was used (cron, runIn, runOnce, etc)
-what, if anything, do the logs say
-what does the IDE say for your next scheduled event in the IDE

This way we can be providing constructive data for the STs team to work with.

SmartThings staff has made it clear here numerous times that information in this regard needs to be sent to support in order to ensure it is acted upon, so that makes the inclusion of it here superfluous at best.

So this thread in turn is superfluous. I expect you will discontinue its use then.

Nope. I see this as a public service. Letting folks know it is still broken goes a long way in assuring them that they are not alone nor crazy in what they’re seeing.

Why do you care?

2 Likes

Because I add my thoughts here as part of what I thought was a discussion of the issues and my posts are “shot down” because they don’t follow the “my stuff doesn’t work” mantra.

So if this is a discussion and all posts are welcome then I would hope my posts would be accepted instead of shot down a “superfluous”.

If this isn’t true and this thread was started to solely be one sided and only point out the negative things in the STs environment I will not post here again.

To be clear, I shot down nothing, nor did I suggest any of your posts were superfluous. But I am more than ok with that.

I documented scheduling issues and provided snapshots of my logs to support as well as posted them in another thread:

Discussing this issue with other users who experience similar problems has significant value (at least to me personally) because it allows us to “compare notes” and hopefully find a pattern or at least rule out programming errors as a root cause. On the other hand, dismissing these issues on the grounds that “it works for me” hardly help anyone. But hey, if you feel like countering every post that brings it up with cheerful denial, feel free. No one tries to infringe on your freedom of speech. :smile:

1 Like

Hey, Scot and Tim, you guys are both extremely knowledgable and probably one of the strongest as far as technical knowledge is concerned and we always look forward to and learn a lot from you guys. Your posts show how passionate we are about this ST thing from all the sides the good…the bad and the ugly. Providing an honest feedback from user experience perspective, technical side and from the middle to ST will be extremely fruitful is my 2 cents. Let’s keep on doing that and work together with ST with any information depending on our technical level.

2 Likes

Clearly my vocabulary is limited to “It works for me”

Opening a ticket with support for the IDE issue where by some of the last/ previous runtime shows some day in 1969. :slight_smile:

1 Like

lol seems normal :stuck_out_tongue:

Wasn’t born then but my hub was. :wink:

1 Like

Maybe it has something to do with ST moving to California. “We hadn’t had this spirit here since 1969.” :smile:

3 Likes

Hey! I haven’t released my SmartThings / Tardis integration yet - how did you get a hold of it?

2 Likes

They call me smart, chuckles! :wink:

I’ve been offline these last two weeks for SDC, let me try and circle up this weekend and get some answers. I do know we had an IDE slowdown one day this week, but I haven’t seen any other alerts.

1 Like