[SURVEY CLOSED] Name the new community based Rule Engine

Yeah, I think CoRE / Piston works well together.

So far 65% of the people viewing this topic have voted, and out of them 88% have voted for CoRE. Even if everyone else in this topic would vote for R-Iot it would still lose to CoRE.

That said is it “Safe” to say that CoRE wins? Maybe we should close the parent app poll and open up a child app poll in the second post?

Crap! I forgot to vote!

1 Like

Parent: Thing Logic
Child: Theorem

Children of the CoREn :sunglasses:

2 Likes

18 votes for CoRE to 2 votes for R-IOT , with only 8 people who haven’t voted, So ?¿

There are still only three options to vote for…

Well, I screwed up. It won’t let me add new options on the original poll, nor new polls on the second post. So I am still thinking how to go about it…

Another new thread? I know that sucks. Maybe a Discourse expert can chime in?

I’ve got a better idea…

1 Like

Thanks everyone for participating in the pre-screening of the final name. We now have two finalists for each application. You may vote for your favorite, on the first post of this thread!

Many, many thanks to @ady624 for continued effort in building the Community’s Own Rule Engine, his app is becoming a reality with each day passing by. If you’d like to contribute with ideas and feedback, check this thread:

1 Like

I had to choose Piston for the Child because there was no choice but it would be better to make it CoRE Piston so it is identified with CoRE

1 Like

I’m thinking it should be CHoRe

1 Like

If “Rule Engine Child” wins, we may have Child Protection pay us a visit, having children do work and all… :slight_smile:

Also, if CoRE wins, will “Rule Engine Child” still stand? Names seem a bit unrelated

3 Likes

If CoRE wins as the parent. Then CHoRE should be the child!

I like the CHoRE thing, it has proper significance to it, but isn’t it a little bit too close to CoRE to not create confusion?

1 Like

But they are the same, but different.

Yeah, the same way NULL in MSSQL is not less than 1, not larger than 1, not equal to one and not different from one either. Different galaxy :slight_smile:

SELECT CASE WHEN NULL > 1 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END
SELECT CASE WHEN NULL < 1 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END
SELECT CASE WHEN NULL = 1 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END
SELECT CASE WHEN NULL <> 1 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END
2 Likes

I agree, I also like it, but I believe it is to ‘alike’.

I prefer Piston. It’s unique enough to say did you install piston? and the length will matter if it’s shown on the stat page of the app like the screenshots @ady624 posted

Dang on it, this democracy thing doesn’t work, I should have put ‘Rule Engine Ugly Child’ just sayin’. Go Piston! :smile:

3 Likes

I LIKE IT!!