Sunrise sort of wake up call

I’ve got the Hue system and I’ve seen there’s a “sunrise effect” alarm which changes the light color and intensity from pitch black to energetic white… As if it were the sun rising…

Any app in here that can do the same without having to resort to the Hue app?

Would be cool if it also activated a switch to turn on the coffee pot or TV or whatever…

Doing this via the Hue app will be much more reliable than anything done via ST.

2 Likes

Might be… But I can’t understand the Hue app! Funny huh?

Also… I need to believe in the reliability of ST! That’s what we’re all here for right?

You can use the Big Switch for Hello Home Actions to trigger when the hue comes on. Unfortunately I find ST often stops getting the Hue Bridge status, so the Big Switch doesn’t always trigger. :pensive:

The big switch? Can you elaborate? :grin:

Using it to schedule things right now is probably the fastest way to change that belief. =)

2 Likes

The “Gentle Wake Up” SmartApp does this, and also allows you to trigger other things (e.g., notifications, mode changes).

1 Like

Saw that one… But it doesn’t allow for a colour change does it? I use the Hues in red at night and energized white in the morning… Would want a huge change though…

It does allow for gradual color change I think - but I don’t recall if it allows you to specify the color gradient changes explicitly.

If you are on iOS, SleepCycle app…which integrates with hues… In fact most of third party app has this.

2 Likes

Light intensity change it does allow… But not the colour I’m afraid…

Could try the Hue mood app… But I’m afraid it will be too bright to stay off

Don’t really like iOS… :astonished: More into Android… Lol!

The Big Switch is a smartapp under MORE that allows you to specify that one switch/bulb will follow another. So when bulb A goes on, Bulb B goes on, and so on.

@tslagle13 wrote a modified version that lets you trigger a Hello Home Action when a bulb/switch goes on or off. This is called “Big Switch for Hello Home Phrases.” So now when Bulb A goes on, Hello Home Action X runs. This becomes a very easy way to have a bulb/switch going on or off trigger all kinds of other things, anything you can put in a Hello Home Action.

1 Like

What’s an Android! They just destroy! Apple helps! :wink:

2 Likes