I’ve come up with a mock-up of how scenes could easily be integrated directly into Routines.
- Instead of “Set dimmers to this level” as a single value, replace it with a link to a new page (2).
- This page is where the user would set values for each lamp (ours have unique names for Alexa).
- The page title would show the Routine name with the usual Done button. The list from the ON section would be listed with the corresponding color color and dim value.
- Tap the value to change it. (not sure what ui would work here since sliders are, so far, very poorly implemented in this app. i.e. thermostat temps - very frustrating). There should also be a way here to change the color of the color-capable bulbs (Hue!). We have several color Hub bulbs so I’ve added dots to tap to the left of the dim value.
- A checkbox would allow the user to see the scene changes in real-time. If it is easy enough to build this into the page then this checkbox would not be necessary. I simply want to convey the need to SEE THE SCENE while the user edits.
Thank you, please let me know what feedback you have. I very much would like to encourage (read: pressure) SmartThings developers to implement this simple page into the app. I feel it would be a great new feature. I feel the success of this product is going to need a simpler UI than Core or Smart Apps for the average consumer.