[ST Edge] SmartThings MyQ Edge (Obsolete)

i see that warning as well, as we are asking to run the container in host mode and are mapping the ports to the host as well, which is redundant.

what happens if you try to open this link on your phone - http://192.168.0.4:8090/status

also what do you see if you run this command

docker logs smartthings-myq-edge

ā€œThis site canā€™t be reached.ā€

And

Fatal error in , line 0
unreachable code
FailureMessage Object: 0x7ee69694

I should note, in between all these tries Iā€™m stopping/removing the old container.

Is your container running?

Docker container ls

Possibly try a sudo in front of your run command. Others have had to use that?

Might as well have the user use the command docker container ls -a to see how many containers has been created at this point :slight_smile:

1 Like

Without using sudo, yes, it appears to be running

Restarting (133) 3 seconds ago

Unless the 133 is an error as you suggested earlier.

@jkp, yes, Iā€™ve been removing them as I go. The only other one is ā€œhello-worldā€ :wink:

Just cause it shows up in the list command doesnā€™t mean itā€™s actually running? Just means you created a container and itā€™s there.

Thereā€™s a status command, but Iā€™m drawing a blank as to the format of it.

Sorry, my bad. Docker container ls shows running containers.

In that case, yes, I believe it is running.

I believe the (133) is an error code. I havenā€™t been able to find what it means yet. Doesnā€™t help Iā€™m on my phone and not at my PC right now. I may have had that error code along with another in my early efforts at getting this running.

I wonder if you try these switches

ā€“security-opt seccomp=unconfined

See my post around 108 and another user just after that. We had issues and this helped us get our containers to stay running.

Much later after I got this working. I created a new Pi boot SD. When I use that new sd card I donā€™t have to use those switches in my run command.

I redid my Pi boot SD card because I was having issues trying to also run some python scripts. Those issues also went away with a fresh setup clean boot SD card.

I tried the input like so:

docker run ā€“security-opt seccomp=unconfined -d --name=ā€˜smartthings-myq-edgeā€™ --restart always --net=ā€˜hostā€™ -e ā€˜MYQ_SERVER_PORTā€™=ā€˜8090ā€™ -p ā€˜8090:8090/tcpā€™ -p ā€˜1900:1900/udpā€™ ā€˜brbeaird/smartthings-myq-edge:latestā€™

and get ā€œdocker: invalid reference format.ā€

Is this something as silly as a single dash/double dash? Iā€™m reaching critical time spent on this project.

Itā€™s

ā€“security-comp

Thereā€™s 2 dashes like the other items in the run command. It shows that where I posted it before.

Sorry using this tiny ass screen and keypad leads me to make typos and mistakes.

No code 133 this time

When running

docker logs smartthings-myq-edge

I get

11/15/2022, 1:07:47 AM | HTTP server listening on port 8090
11/15/2022, 1:07:48 AM | SSDP server up and listening for broadcasts: urn:SmartThingsCommunity:device:MyQController

Found the controller in smartthings, entered creds, ā€œawaiting credentialsā€

Entered ip and portā€¦ :drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum:. Found 1 device!!!

Thank @TN_Oldman, @ViperTK, and of course @brbeaird !!!

And just to reiterate - if a moran like me can get this done, it says a lot about the average userā€™s ability to get it done, ESPECIALLY with the help of all the knowledgeable people here.

5 Likes

Awesome! If you or anyone else think of something that would have been more helpful to you if it were laid out in the readme, just let me know.

Iā€™ll put some thought into it and get back to you.

If we could identify why the inputs vary (is it device, for example?) that would be helpful.

Iā€™m using a Pi 3 from 2017, the primary use was as a Plex server (with a hard drive doing the heavy lifting).

This opener was one of a few things I needed to disconnect from groovy.

Iā€™d say from his experience and others, including myself, from before. If there was a way to know how old the version of the Pi OS is, it might be helpful to add the other items in the run command line.

Or possibly include that it needs to be a fresh install of the Pi OS using something like Pi Imager.

Are you running your MyQ setup on a Pi?

If so, possibly you could use another SD card and do a clean install on that. Hopefully your app settings and the rest wonā€™t need to be changed. It will just pick it up.

If not, then put old SD card back in.

Iā€™d be curious if the more knowledgeable people in here have an option on that idea.

I just took the plunge and added the new version. Thank you for these steps. You made it really easy and It worked perfectly!

Also for anyone who read my earlier message about having both the door and the connector versions installed at the same time, the new install of myq connector did not create the doors until I deleted the original version of the doors.

3 Likes

For the record, here is the code I used that ultimately worked on a RPi3 using the JuiceSSH app. Thanks again to @ViperTK and @TN_Oldman:

docker run --security-opt seccomp=unconfined -d --name=ā€˜smartthings-myq-edgeā€™ --restart always --net=ā€˜hostā€™ -e ā€˜MYQ_SERVER_PORTā€™=ā€˜8090ā€™ -p ā€˜8090:8090/tcpā€™ -p ā€˜1900:1900/udpā€™ ā€˜brbeaird/smartthings-myq-edge:latestā€™

1 Like

I finally have my garage door discovered and showing on smartthings using the linux executable since my old spare laptop couldnā€™t run docker and my NAS docker is on a different vLAN than smartThings hub.
Now, is there a way to open the garage door by scanning an NFC tag? I had it running using iphone, webcore and the MyQlite app. Any help is greatly appreciated.

You might be able to use SharpTools in place of webCoRe to handle your NFC tags. What brand of phone do you have?

tagging the experts :slight_smile: @joshua_lyon @JDRoberts