[ST Edge] DSC Security System / Envisalink Driver (2021)

Try arming/disarming from Android Auto… It just works.
You can have garage opener, garage contact, and alarm all on car display.

T did great work implementing this!

1 Like

Update working for me. I had to reboot my hub to get things working after the driver update. Was getting nothing at all from devices, logs, etc. . FYI.

Gosh, I don’t like that you had to reboot your hub. Interested to hear if others run into the same issue…

just fyi… I first tried changing the IP address of envisalink in the config file and then changing it back after a minute… hoping it would reset/relook. Didn’t work.

I had to reboot as well.

My app notified me a driver up date was available, downloaded and worked with out any phone or hub reboot. I’m on an iPhone.

1 Like

The image thread got loaded in reverse order…

I’m installing for the first time. I installed the Envisalink 2 driver on my hub but when I scan for devices in the app, the DSC Panel device doesn’t show up. I rebooted the hub several times to no avail. Any ideas? I have been using alarmserver for a long time without issue. Thanks.

Hi - It sounds like the driver didn’t get installed to your hub yet. Did you wait the max 12 hours after you enrolled your hub and selected the Envisalink 2 driver to install?

To confirm the driver got installed, find your SmartThings hub device in the mobile app, then go into settings (3-vertical-dot menu on device details screen) and tap Driver. Do you see Envisalink 2 on the list?

I do see the Envisalink 2 driver on the list. I read another post that suggested the beta release of Smartthings Edge only works on standalone hubs for now. I’m using Samsung Connect Home (integrated wifi router and Smartthings hub). Could that be the problem? Has anyone got the driver working on Connect Home or the newer Smartthings Wifi?

My understanding is that Edge does not work on wifi hubs.

Have you got any other Edge drivers that work?

I haven’t tried any other drivers. Hope the Edge platform will work on wifi hubs at some point. Thanks for the info.

First, Thanks Todd for creating the Edge driver for the DSC/Envisalink!

For anyone interested, and to address the problem of Envisalink allowing only a single connection, I’ve updated and modified the AlarmServer software to remove the use of the SmartThings Groovy interface. I did this since I have my home running both SmartThings and Home Assistant concurrently.

I’ve also added in the original web interface of AlarmServer, and added an option to show the most recent log file.

There are also instruction if you want to run it in a Docker container, which I have been doing for the past few weeks myself. (I’ve also run it as a service using NSSM on Windows 10.)

@rtorch can you explain what this does in layman terms? I switched to the edge driver so not sure how that is effected.

You only need this if you have more than one application accessing your Envisalink module. For example, you have SmartThings AND Home Assistant both needing access to Envisalink (like I do). It can setup a proxy; an intermediary (AlarmServer) between a client (SmartThings/Home Assistant) requesting a resource and the server (Envisalink) providing that resource.

Hope this makes sense.

Thank you @TAustin ! I found this thread today.

I have the Envisalink 3 with DSC control panel. I successfully installed it and see DSC Panel in my SmartThings mobile app following your instructions in github. However, I’ve encountered some basic problems though, specifically logging into Envisalink. There is nothing showing in the logs after I completed step 4 and 5 (enter IP address and port and login password).

1. I know the IP address of my Envisalink, but don’t know the port. How do I figure this out?

2. Under the settings, I entered the Envisalink login password. Where do I enter the login? It’s my email address.

Any help would be welcome! Thank you.

Port number is usually 4025.

Only the password is needed to connect via LAN (default is ‘user’). The userid you’re thinking of is probably your cloud account, which is something separate.

Thanks @TAustin ! It worked. I didn’t realize that the login and password would be different for Envisalink than the cloud account.

1 Like

T,

I’ve added another zone to my system. I’ve updated envisalink with that zone information for monitoring if that matters.

I do not see the new zone in samsung things.

Is there a process to add a new zone?

Thanx

Yes, you need to go into device settings under your panel device and configure the new zone with the appropriate type (contact, motion, etc). Once you do that a new device should get created and found in your ‘No room assigned’ room.