I’ve been trying to see if I could use ST as a reliable security system. I used to have ADT at my old house, so that is the standard I’ll base it against.
You can use a cheap UPS battery backup to keep your modem, router and ST hub up in case of power outage.
You can even get a 4G router as a backup internet connection in case you lose internet.
Issues I have are:
- Devices not always reporting (my back door doesn’t always report that it is closed).
- Presence not always reporting causing a ton of falses
- Delay sometimes between triggers and actions.
- Siren beep works sporadically (some times it doesn’t beep at all, sometimes it beeps 2 or 3 times instead of once, sometimes it is a full siren)
- Would like a 30 second time period to disable alarm before it actually activates SHM
-I think SmartThings could easily fix this by updating the SHM app and add another page to each of the Alarm types (Security, Water, Smoke, Custom) that has delay (in seconds) before triggering full alarm, and then select which lights/sirens/notifications etc for the pre-alarm.
Any suggestions or solutions to these problems? Any problems you guys have run into?