Somfy Motorized Blinds (Z-Wave)

The device referenced in the above Amazon link is known as a URTSI as opposed to the ZRTSI that works with our SmartThings controllers. The URTSI is not a Z-Wave to RTS bridge - instead it’s a serial interface computer device that allows automation software to send RTS commands to Somfy shades. This device has barely been utilized by Somfy for years and I can confidently say will never work with SmartThings without a device in the middle such as a full-fledged PC or perhaps a Raspberry Pi with a serial interface.

1 Like

Hey Matt!

Thanks for the answer…

The problem here is that Somfy, even though they’re a French company, just won’t adapt the zrtsi to European frequency!!!

So I’m stuck with other options… I’m totally open to suggestions…

I like the sound of the Raspberry idea… Can you guide me into it?

I’ve got two of those waiting to be put to some good use! :smile:

Daniel,

I wasn’t aware there was a SmartThings hub with EU frequencies either, correct? Are you using a US SmartThings hub? Thanks for clarifying.

2 Likes

I’m a kickstarter backer… He he… SmartThings made a few EU hubs…

1 Like

I’d like to order the ZRTS II but couldn’t find it online at Lowes. Do you have a link or details on how I can find it?

Thanks.

You cannot buy it online, rather you have to go into the store and talk to the shades people and have them look it up in their system and special order it (under Bali’s and motorized and accessories).

At best you can find it online via the Bali Lowes website (link in an earlier post) but it will only show you the device but not let you order it.

People have been successful ordering it over the phone too.
strong text

Can you provide a photo of your existing hardware?

@mbial

Hey Matt!

I am most probably going to get the urtsi device…

I’ve already got a Raspberry Pi at home…

Do you have the knowledge to help me out integrating the whole thing? :innocent:

I’ll be integrating 4 blinds and 4 shades… For now…

Thanks in advance whatever your answer is!

1 Like

Is there any workaround for this? If not, the best approach, I guess, would be to implement a window sensor to the roller shades that way I can track the status of the shades.

If anyone has a better idea, please let me know.

Hi Matt - Are you still selling the Somfy Z-Wave to RTS bridge (ZRTSI II)?

Finally received my ZRTSI II directly from Springs Window Fashions (aka Bali Blinds). Ordered through Home Depot - total cost $99.

Plugged in the unit, selected inclusion mode and my SmartThings app on the phone just keeps spinning and spinning. It will not detect the ZRTSI II. So, I’m stuck at this point for now.

I think I had the same issue. On Android or iOS, clear the SmartThing app either by pressing the recent apps in Android or holding the button on iOS to swipe the app and close it. Reboot your ST Hub. It was a bit tricky, but I got it to work.

Hello everyone - I’ll be placing an order with blinds.com for a Bali Cellular Shade with the ZRTSI II; I believe it’s motorized by Somfy.

Before I spend $750 on the blind (it’s a large window), I was looking for reassurance that this is a good way to go. I’d like to have it automatically close at night and open in the morning. I also have my harmony remote linked to ST so when I watch TV during the day, I’d like the blinds to close. From what I’ve read, this all seems doable. Thanks!

Will someone please help with setup with the ZRTSI 2 (the one with the display). I plug in the ZRTSI and go in to base include mode. In the smartthings app i click the “+” button and add “Connect new device” - It finds the controller and I assume I am connected, however on the ZRTSI 2 it states base include fail. I cannot add virtual nodes if it cannot find a base node… what am i doing wrong?

Today I had roller shades installed on 12 windows using Somfy motors. The technicians installed the Decoflex Wirefree RTS controller and the myLink. Wow. Both are TERRIBLE. The Decoflex has 5 buttons, so the techs created 4 subgroups of windows and 1 master group. I have yet to see all the shades raise or lower when I trigger the master group. There are always 1-4 shades out of the 12 that do nothing. Sometimes only one doesn’t respond, sometimes 3 shades don’t respond, sometimes more. If I continue to activate the button, eventually all the shades respond. The WiFi based myLink has the same issue when I trigger commands from my phone using the Somfy app.

Does anyone else have similar issues with Somfy hardware? Any tips?

Tomorrow I am going to order the ZRTSI II from Home Depot or Lowes. I am hoping that is a more powerful remote than the Decoflex and myLink. For folks that have both the Decoflex and ZRTSI II, have you noticed a performance improvement with the ZRTSI II?

So am i right in saying… All you need is:

One RTS motor per blind / window
One ZRTSI-II unit
One tetris remote for fine tuning

?? :slight_smile:

And any update @Ben on the official integration / device type to allow inciment precision movement and accurate state acknowledgement :blush:

1 Like

This is correct. 20 chars.

1 Like

Fantastic, got a local Blinds company coming round to check out my current venetian blinds to see if they can reto-fit RTS motors into them . . . if they can im going to get them to fit all the motors and get the telis remote and ZRTSI-II unit off them and do the rest of the programming myself :slight_smile: cheers guys :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think it is more like 5 major groupings and then multiple devices within each.

Update… turns out the reliability was due to antenna placement. My installer came back and tweaked the positions of the antennas on the individual shade assemblies. I did return the myLink thing as it is redundant with the ZRTSI II (and less powerful from an integration standpoint).