SmartTiles: Video Camera Compatibility

What is the best camera to use with this dashboard? I know, a subjective question, but I have no hardware at this time and since there appears to be limited support for cameras in general with ST, whatever goes well with this dashboard is going to win. :smile:

1 Like

Same question here 20 characters

The answer is easy.

1)Step into your dropcam account with Firefox
2)Enter to the page where you can view your drop cam
3)click on sharing
4)click on make this cam public
5)on firefox click on Tools>Web Developer>web page source code
6)search for the text “uuid=” without quotes
7)copy the next string until &amp without including it
8)now the address you are looking for is https://www.dropcam.com/e/copytext?autoplay=true, where copytext is the uuid.

Hope it can help.

BTW: sorry for my bad english, it’s not my native lenguaje

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s a good way to get the correct URL. I used the the “embed video” code and pasted it into a text editor, then found the entire URL in the embed video code. The problem is Dropcam uses Flash to display the video - so I cannot use it on my iPad which doesn’t support Flash (unless I use a special browser that supports Flash). These browsers aren’t usually free, and you can’t use Kiosk mode to display the SmartTiles. It’s just too kludgy of a solution!

Yes I’m experiencing this too. I use a tenvis (foscam rebranded) and it often kicks out in Chrome. Firefox appears to be fine.

Have you managed to create any smart apps that utilized IPROBOT3 in SmartThings, ive just purchased one and would love to know the possibilities.

I have three Foscam H.64 cameras working with SmartTiles using the MPEG stream. The problem I am having is that after a few minutes (about 15) the live feed stops. The tile keeps an image, but it is no longer a live feed. This is happening both on Chrome for the desktop or Chrome for Android. Any ideas or suggestions? I will try an iPad with Safari next and see if I have the same issue.

Any luck finding the code for the F19821W V2 to stream video. None of these seem to work except for the ones outlined in red for a static snapshot.

Does anyone know how to flip the image via code or within SmartTiles? The camera is hung from the ceiling.

I use BlueIris which allows me to record and has a ton of options. It integrates well with Alex’s dashboard.

After upgrading to latest version 5.4, try the following custom CSS:

.tile.video.mjpeg[data-link-i="2"] .video-container { transform: rotate(180deg);}

Thanks Alex I will try that but I have looked everywhere within the app and can’t find any way to upgrade to the latest version. Should I just wait the 3 days per this documentation?
[Version 5.4 is available at GitHub. Dashboards that are installed via Install Now option will be automatically updated in 3 days.]
Uninstalling and reinstalling via Install Now keeped me on the same build 5.3.3-A.

Yes, you should wait. lol

But waiting is hard :weary:

Not really sure how to insert this but I placed it here and still getting an upside down image.

Have you tried to flip the image within the F19821W V2 ??

1 Like

Is your “Playroom” camera actually #2 in the Smart App preference list?

Yes

Which browser and which version of SmartTiles are you using?

The above code works for me.

Seems to be working now. Weird, but could have been a matter of waiting for it to refresh. Thanks Alex

1 Like