Smartthings Roomba Control via Thinking Cleaner Version 1.5.1 Released

@kolosy, thanks for the update. This also corrected my issue for install as you suggested. I have updated the code to fix as well as modified images, version, and reference to provide payment for support due to lack of support by original author (this looks to be community owned now). Here is the link to my github for the code, hope this works for everyone.

1 Like

I updated my code to give it a try and I am getting the error message below. I removed the ā€œdefault: falseā€. My error is slightly different in that the error line reports as 92.

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of
method: physicalgraph.app.api.SubscriptionApi.subscribe() is applicable
for argument types: (java.lang.Boolean, java.lang.String,
java.lang.String, java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [false, switch.on,
eventHandler, [:]]
Possible solutions:
subscribe(physicalgraph.app.DeviceWrapper, java.lang.String,
java.lang.String), subscribe(physicalgraph.app.InstalledSmartAppWrapper,
java.lang.String, java.lang.String),
subscribe(physicalgraph.app.DeviceWrapper, java.lang.String,
java.lang.String, java.util.Map),
subscribe(physicalgraph.app.InstalledSmartAppWrapper, java.lang.String,
java.lang.String, java.util.Map), subscribe(java.lang.String,
java.lang.String, java.lang.String), subscribe(java.util.Collection,
java.lang.String, java.lang.String) @ line 92

Try to replace your code with the GitHub code.

Thanks. Thought I had done that but I guess not. Tomorrow will be the true test for me to see if I can start without using the IFTTT method. Fingers crossed.

What are you using to trigger it to turn on? This app just polls the roomba for status and if on it changes the SHM status to stay(arm) and then when off away(arm) it does not auto start cleaning. I use CoRE to start cleaning.

I use Smart Lighting :smiley:

K.I.S.S.

I use the automated Goodbye routineā€¦ works well enough for me.

I have updated the DTH to 1.5.2 to resolve an error handling issue with error notification while Roomba is switching from docked to cleaning and cleaning to docked. Also added 2 new status updates for off and wait that I experienced today (also reduced errors).

DTH Update

1 Like

Thank you for everything youā€™ve done for this integration, I think itā€™s about time you started your own thread that you control the first post since youā€™ve very much made this your own now.

Thanks @Benji, I am ok with staying in this forum unless you guys feel we should start a new community thread for this redesigned version and ownership. I have also reached out to Thinking Cleaner to see if we can get the error number when it occurs on the device. I want to be able to provide error details when they occur.

1 Like

My vote is for a new thread, the title is out of date anyway. I donā€™t want to create more work for you but I definitely feel this is your work now and any donations should be going to you instead, along with you having control over the very first post.

Let me know if Thinking Cleaner respond, Iā€™ve emailed on and off with the guy over there (I think itā€™s a solo effort) and heā€™s been very helpful with some of the issues Iā€™ve experienced with the module directly. He/They need to realise itā€™s efforts like yours that are selling their modules.

1 Like

I have added my Roomba to the Goodbye Automation however I am having a problem. The command is sent to the Roomba (confirmed by a beep) but the Roomba doesnā€™t start.

Alternatively, if I navigate thru the list of THINGS, find the Roomba, and try to use the CLEAN button, I get a beep. It is only after I press the CLEAN button again when the Roomba then leaves its dock to clean.

Anyone help?

We have a new thread with an updated DTH and Smart App, as I have taken over development efforts due to lack of previous support. The new link is:

Please upgrade to the latest versions and re-try but make sure one one have the latest version of both the DT and Smartapp.

I replaced the code for the device type and handler from the new thread. Still have the issues that the roomba doesnā€™t leave the base.
Once I hit CLEAN, the roomba makes its startup sound but never leaves unless I hit clean several times.
Ideas?

Please visit the new thread for troubleshooting, the original thread creator is no longer offering support so the ownership/support have moved to the new threadā€¦

1 Like

New Thread can be found here:

2 Likes