SmartThings Login Not Working (10 July 2019)

I can log into smartthings through any browser with my Samsung credentials.
I just logged into samsung account on a pc and under devices it showed my phone as two devices logged in. I removed both which logs you out on the device. I then tried to log in on ST app and still get stuck on same screen but when I refresh the page for samsung account, it shows my phone just logged in. So it looks like the login is going from the app to Samsung, the phone is logged in to samsung, but the message isn’t getting back to the app. frustrating

Tech support has still been unable to help. I had an old phone, installed smartthings classic, logged right it no problem. Has to be a login issue on just my phone. Any ideas?

I had a similar issue using an older Android device trying to sign in to my Samsung account and it would not. I finally figured out that it was due to having two factor authentication (2FA) enabled on my Samsung account. After disabling 2FA on my Samsung account, I was then able to log in on any older Android device. Afterwords I was able to turn 2FA back on for my Samsung account and the order Android device stayed logged in as I set it to remember that device during login.

1 Like

Thanks for idea. Where is 2fa on Samsung, I’ll try that.

I remembered I disabled and enabled Chrome the night before. I don’t think it worked after that. I’ve tried every setting I can find in chrome. I’ve disabled chrome and tried Firefox with same results. Seems like when the app uses the browser to login it is logging in (the phone appears under Samsung logged in devices) but never goes back to the app. I’ve tried disabling anything I can think of that might block the login.

Samsung Account website, hopefully you can log in here.
https://account.samsung.com/membership/intro

If you can login, you’ll see two step verification in the Security section.

You can also see the authorized list of devices you are currently logged into.

I’ve been logging into there no problem. I don’t have 2step on. If I remove my phone from devices on that site and start my classic ST app, my phone shows back up under devices. I was also able to use an old smartphone I had in a drawer with no problems. Must be something on my phone that needs to be cleared but I can’t figure it out.

Ran into this same problem. When you hit the continue button nothing changes. But if you go to your Samsung App your account will be logged in.

Disabling developer options on my android device and rebooting it did the trick for me

1 Like

Tried login with old version from apkpure SmartThings_v1.7.56.21_apkpure.com.apk
Login working, then updated to latest version from play Store.