SmartThings iOS app is suddenly not working. All devices showing "grey out"

I have seen posts from a number of people who are experiencing this issue. I too have this issue on my iPhone but not my iPad, both running the same IOS and ST version. ST has not acknowledge this issues. So I have followed these instructions and waiting for ST to get back to me. :crossed_fingers:

1. Enable the creation of additional logs in the app:
  1. In the ST app, go to “menu” > “settings”.
  2. At the bottom of that page, you’ll find a section called “Troubleshooting”. Please, enable the option that says “Create Additional SmartThings Log”.
  3. Restart the app
  1. Screen recording of your mobile device showing the issue.
  2. After recording that, generate and send us the app logs.
  1. In the app menu, go to “contact us”
  2. Then, tap on “Error reports”
  3. On the opened page, tap 10 times on the title “What is the error about” until the prompt to create a log appears.
  4. Click on “ok” and wait for the process to finish. Then, save the generated file in the place you prefer and share it with us at build@smartthings.com

If you log out of your iPad ST account and back in you will have the problem. Perhaps this has a problem with downloading device drivers for the icons.

Yes I often get logged off my ST app and lose settings, photos etc. so I would say I’ve had to log out and log back in. It does tie in with the timing of the new icons they released.

Mine just showed up and started working, and crickets from ST support.

2 Likes

New icons? Tell me more!

Nothing exciting, just the temperature/humidity devices

1 Like

Seems like the main issue has been addressed as I can see the status for all my devices but still some bugs:

Under the Favorites tap, I can’t still able to add/remove devices from the top options that groups temperature, humidity, lights, Windows Treatments, etc. I can see the overall status for devices already selected, but cannot add more or remove some as when I select the top 3 ops and choose “Select devices” shows nothing to select (even the already selected are not been shown)

So definitely there still issues with statuses and device selection from certain actions

Exactly the same here. Continue having the temperature and humidity tiles but offline etc are not there and cannot be selected. Nothing has changed for me.