SmartThings Hub Version 2.0

Speaking of hub delivery dates, this is a slight tangent, but I think it is an appropriate analogy to strongly consider:

Here is a Kickstarter Project ending funding in < 48 hours for a multi-protocol Smart Home hub (with ZigBee, Z-Wave, WiFi, BLE/Bluetooth Smart, NFC, RF (low frequency), IR…).

Its specifications include dozens of other cutting-edge features (well, at least cutting-edge for them to be packaged in one new Product).

The insanity?: Estimated Delivery Date…

November 2015 (i.e., < 4 months after funding).

Ummm… Good luck with that. No, actually, I don’t wish them good-luck, they don’t deserve it. They are being completely irresponsible to publish such an unrealistic “Rewards” delivery timeframe. They aren’t being “optimistic”; rather, they are purposefully misleading their funders into believing that they will receive a state-of-the-art smart home system before Christmas, because, of course, Santa Claus is real, and smart home is apparently on the wish list or gift list of over 511 funders. Idiots. All of them. Idiots.

I’m willing to bet that the Project doesn’t delivery until November 2016. Any takers?

2 Likes