SmartThings DSC/EnvisaLink Integration [DEPRECATED]

Just want to say Thank You for this, took a little while, but once I figured out the Device ID was case sensitive, it worked right away. Awesome, thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, both. Iā€™ll amend the setup instructions to make sure the two points are clear.

This is very cool - thank you! Mine is working with Google home. Two questions:

1. Occasionally the Smarthings switch is toggled, but the alarm state is not changed. It seems might be if you try to turn it off too soon after turning it on
  2. Is there any way Smarthings can detect the state of individual zones, or see which zones are not in the ready state?
  1. Iā€™ve noticed the issue you described in #1 myself but didnā€™t have a chance to delve too much into it. It indeed seems related to the refresh happening too early before the final state change has a chance to take place. Unfortunately the current solution just polls the status a specified time after arming/disarming as opposed to on a continuous basis to make sure I do not overload their servers too much (or cause unneeded network traffic on home network side) so those type of things are bound to happen. Kindo related to the fact that this thing is mostly a hack. Proper way wouldā€™ve been for the EyezOn system to support push notifications of some sort.

2. Donā€™t see why not, but certainly not something I have cycles to work on atm. But I welcome any contributions to the existing code

This almost works. I have a V4 Envisalink and used that code. It arms using the toggle in the SmartThings app perfectly. When I disarm, the Honeywell panel shows Fire 95 and the alarm sounds. Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this?

I just installed this and it works well. Thank you @vadimb ā€¦For the past year I had been using Honeywell/Ademco Vista 20P Integration (Redloro). It worked fine for a long time but then I lost connection to the zones. I tried but the zone discovery would not work,ā€¦so this led me to this solution.

I donā€™t need to know the status of the individual zones, but I do need some integration with Envisalink/Honeywell alarm system. I like the simplicity of the virtual switches, which I have set up in automations/Webcore. I am hopeful that because of the simplicity this solution will be reliable and operational for some time.

@vadimb, thank you so much for this! Iā€™ve been waiting to be able to do this for a long time. I do have an issue I was hoping youā€™d be able to help with. Iā€™ve been trying to get it to work for the last few days. I have EVL4 with DSC system, when attempting a routine that turns on the Away switch, the device handler log looks like this:

9:06:22 AM: error Cannot arm system. Expecting status Ready. Actual status: Unknown
9:06:22 AM: error Unable to determine system status from response: EyezOn.ui-icon-myapp-map {background-image: url("mapā€¦[TRUNCATED]
9:06:22 AM: info Determined system status to be Unknown at 07-21-20 9:06 AM
9:06:21 AM: info Received request to arm system. Mode: Away

Appreciate any help!

A couple of weeks back I made a change to the code in how it checks for current system status to fix a bug that was reported around it not working if system has more than one partition configured. Unfortunately the solution is quite hacky/brittle (mostly due to SmartThings just being a crappy product and not supporting basic regex) and so I suspect that perhaps thatā€™s also what broke it for you.

Itā€™d help if you could PM me the full response you get back from the server (the thing that got TRUNCATED above) when you load the EyezOn page that shows the arm/disarm status of your system by checking the Network Tab in the browserā€™s Developer Tools. That way I can see if thereā€™s a discrepancy between your setup and the one I coded against.

+1 on the Vista 20Pā€¦ the house we just bought has this setup and I will be installing my Envisalink 4 this evening.

Hoping this will work fine for me also!

UPDATE: Got this integration plugged into smartthings (Device Handler), but looks like I am getting errors on my system. I should have my new keypad (AlphaNum) to upgrade my fixed english pad to work through whatever errors I have. Oddly enough my Envisalink interface will allow be to arm/disarm, just canā€™t through this app.

I just came across this integration while updating myself with SmartThingsā€™ latest, and I just want to confirm I am understanding this integration correctly. I currently have the same setup as you where I am running Alarmserver on an Ubuntu VM linked to a EVL-4 connected to a DSC system. So with this integration, it can replace the DSC Away/Stay Panel switches and eliminate the need to run Alarmserver on a separate piece of hardware, but I would lose access to the sensors of the various DSC Zones? Is that correct?

As much as I like to eliminate having to run a script on a separate hardware (well, in my case, an Ubuntu VM), I hate to lose the functionality of the sensors (not to mention tinker with someone that, at the moment, is working flawlessly.

Yes, you will lose access to all of the sensors as this just arms/disarms. AlarmServer has ran great for me since install! Every once in a while, I have to manually restart because of a long power outage or an other issue but for the most part, it just works.

The DSC Panel and all 28 sensors are in use by SmartThings and I hardly ever arm/disarm manually. There are no batteries to change and events are instant! Best $100 spent so far.

Got my new keypadā€¦ found out the system was still trying to dial out to the central call center. Was able to disable those fields. I had the system stable for a day and now I am back to a Not Ready again, could be a low battery in a wireless sensor.

Will be back in a day once I get batteries.

Hello Rontalley,
So are you saying not to upgrade to this new version? I am on the classic app and waiting to see if I need to move over. Any advise would be great!

well got all my zones onlineā€¦ had a low battery causing the service status on envisalink 4.
EDIT: Found 1 of my issues, I forgot about the Partition1 that I renamed, so after updating that things started to reflect the correct states in ST

Re-Ran all of the tests, this time using Alexa in addition to running the Goodnight scene from ST, both produced the same output in the IDE Logs.

I added my Armed - Stay into my Goodnight routine (alexa found it)
When I execute that, I get this in the logs (Nothing happens, it will not activate the Armed - Stay on the panel).

Both variants appear to have the same outcome
Variant 1 and Variant 2 outputs are identical

Here is the current status

Alexa scenes (from ST)

Did you verify that you entered all fields correctly in the settings (Including MID, password, etc.)? I find that EyezOn will always send a successful response back even if the command is not valid so itā€™s not possible to know from the logs what, if anything, is wrong in the request unfortunately.

what is MID?

I can wipe my config and start over for sanity, then report back.

MID = account ID (as per setup instructions)

Seeing how you had the partition label originally misconfigured I suspect maybe some other configuration in there is also wrong? Iā€™d advise to go through the Installation Instructions and audit them to make sure that all the fields have been copied/populated correctly.

1 Like

I have tried a few times with both varients on my ST with Envisalink 3 and no luck. I get as ā€œnetwork or server error occurred. try again laterā€ on the app when i try to manually trigger it. double checked Account ID and Device ID.

an update:
I completely removed every part/piece from ST and re-added them.

There are 2 possible reasons why it didnā€™t work:

1. Cut and Paste was putting a space at the end of the MID (account number)

2. I noticed that Partition number shows ā€œ1ā€, however if you click to edit the field, there is nothing thereā€¦ so I had to type/insert ā€œ1ā€. Unsure if this field just shows a pre-populated value by default on install?

Either wayā€¦ sheā€™s working and online.
Now I just need to create a specific smartthings user on the panel and update the pins (so we know when smartthings interacted vs a real person).

thanks for the tip on checking settings.

2 Likes

Sounds like some network issue with your actual device. Are the rest of your switches/controls working fine from the app? Do you see anything in the SmartThings device logs?