Smartthings cams show no video or clips

ST cams worked perfectly since installs more than a year in classic and the new app. just replaced my asus rt ac 3100 router with a new asus xt8 ac 6600. everything connected seamlessly. no logins required. then I noticed that the cams will notify me of sounds and person detection but will not show video or clips at all. removed one of the cams to try an add it back but it wont add. went thru a disastrous call with tech support for more than an hour today with no result except for an alleged ‘escalation’. I know this stuff only works on 2.4ghz so that’s not the issue. also discovered while the tech was attempting to help that the cam and the hub each create their own connection sans internet. so I suppose that’s how they try to pair with the app but they will not pair. so now I have one unplugged and 2 video disabled cams. and yes these are the current ST cams made by samsung. open to any valid suggestion.

I know this isn’t going to be fun, especially if you have your cameras in automations and STHM, but have you deleted the cameras via the ST app, reset them, and tried to re-add them back to ST?

One of my cams stopped streaming video once. All I had to do was unplug it and plug it back in. I worked fine after it booted up

1 Like

I’d say it has to be related to the router. I’ve had issues in the past with Ring cameras when the 2.4 and 5 ghz had the same name in the network. Might not be your case though, just thought I’d mention that.

Other than that, the one camera I’ve been experimenting with tends to disappear for a few minutes occasionally, and I have no idea why it does that, but it comes back.