SmartThings API Browser+ ... Now Available to All

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I’ll have a look at it and let me know if you learn anything more.

1 Like

It might perhaps be the BLE_D2D used for SmartTags as that isn’t in the filter list.

I don’t have any SmartTags.

Possibly: if I recall there were a couple types I didn’t include in the filter options thinking they were obsolete, but that might have been a bad idea…

What about EDGE_CHILD, ENDPOINT_APP or MQTT?

I don’t believe so.

I am still scanning through trying to find the culprits.

I have pulled the non-filtered list in to Excel and confirmed that count is correct.

No that was pushing it a bit. The really obvious one I forgot is mobile presence sensors which are of type MOBILE.

1 Like

Hmmm. Confused on this one. I have two SmartThings presence sensors. Both have been converted to drivers and are under the ZIGBEE filter list.

My phone is still on a DTH and showing in the DTH filter.

Bear with me. I’m going to pull in all filter lists to Excel and run a compare.

So that was wrong info. My phone is in fact MOBILE so you’re correct. That’s one of them missing in filters.

The other three missing from filters are SmartThings cameras which are type VIDEO.

@TAustin

1 Like

Ah I was wondering what VIDEO was used for. Not a great surprise mind you.

Not as intriguing as SHP or PENGYOU though.

1 Like

Good find, thank you! I will be sure to add MOBILE and VIDEO types in my next update.

3 Likes

Thanks Todd!

I’m not sure if I am missing something here but I can see everything except for Automations\Rules. Ive searched the post and others suggest they can see them with details and even enable/disable/execute them. I get nada…

I have re-issued my token and verified it has a tick in every option.

You will only see Rules that have been created using the Rules API with a PAT for authentication, not those created by the CLI using its built-in authentication. This never used to be the case but it changed a little while back. We still don’t know why.

1 Like

Thanks, so is there any difference in Rules created using the APP, vs the CLI, vs the API Browser+

What I am hoping to do is export my Rules to JSON so they can be imported again if needed (a backup), I had to replace a keypad a few weeks ago and the Rule rebuild process was not fun.

The rules posted via cli and the api browser are the same.

I followed along with the instructions for postman on the ST github and found it pretty easy to work with, what with the library of examples and the ability to save and organize rules. If I need a new rule I just make a copy of a similar one as a starter.

1 Like

The app Routines, Scenes and the new Smart lighting are all implemented using Rules. Routines and Scenes (I can’t comment on Smart lighting) both seem to access a slightly different version of the Rules API to the public one (for example they can use notifications).

It is possible (in the sense of it being public knowledge how to do it) to see the source Rules for the Scenes, but not for Routines or Smart lighting. Similarly Rules created by SmartApps using app tokens are only accessible to those SmartApps (though I’ve never actually checked if app tokens work outside of the app).

Todd’s API Browser+ can see any Rules created using a PAT by any member of the SmartThings Location. So that can mean the Rules it creates itself, or any created externally e.g. using a PAT with curl, Postman, or the CLI.

It used to be the case that if you used the default authentication flow in the CLI (i.e. you haven’t manually configured the CLI to use a PAT by default and don’t use a ‘profile’ or ‘token’ argument to commands) then any Rules you created were also accessible to any PAT valid for the Location. That stopped being the case a few weeks back. Now only the CLI can see the Rules it created using its default authentication flow, which actually makes its behaviour more consistent with other apps. There has not been any comment on this change so it could have been broken previously, it could be broken now, or it could be a change of policy and so correct all along.

2 Likes

Hi @TAustin

I was a bit far away. do you continue with your server? can you send me the link again?

thanks and best regards

It’s in the first post.

1 Like