SmartApp for 3-Axis state?

(Josh) #1

I don’t think I can program it myself, but was hoping there was a SmartApp for detecting the angle of the multi-sensor (or the angle being within a range). My garage door can’t easily mount the magnetic coupler, so I need to detect it being open or closed by the 3-axis state. Anyone develop an app like that yet?
I’m looking for “alert me if {deviceX} ThreeAxis value 1 is between Y and Z”. Ideally, it oculd do this only at night… i.e. alert me if after 1:00am and {deviceX}.ThreeAxis.value1 is between Y & Z.

any advice or assistance greatly appreciated!

(Dan Lieberman) #2

@joshg – there’s a device type called “SmartSense Virtual Open/Closed” that sets its open/closed state using the Z-Axis of the SmartSense Multi and it’s commonly used to detect the open/closed status of garage doors. You can go in and change the type in the web UI yourself, or email support@smartthings.com and they can change the device type for you.

(Dan Lieberman) #3

@joshg – You can then use the Garage Door Monitor or Left It Open SmartApps to alert on the door being left open for a certain amount of time, and use modes to configure it to only happen at night.

(Josh) #4

Thanks… i can’t see how to add a device of my own choosing like that… it just goes into its searching mode.
Nor can I find how to get to the web UI.
thanks,
-josh