SmartThings Community

Smart Zone motion detector (Zone Motion Manager) [Deprecated -- no longer supported]

(Ash Stokes) #141

Hello,

Just wondering if there’s any way I’d be able to set this up with one sensor, so if motionwas detected twice in x amount of minutes on the same sensor it would then trigger an alert, would this work? More often than not the false alarms only produce one motion event (where as when someone’s actually in the room I get multiple) and they usually trigger around 2am on the indoor/outdoor siren -.-

Cheers,

0 Likes

(ocpd+adhd+alz+md+hfa+fms+lol=me :)) #142

I’ve been trying to find a way of doing this for a long time.

Now, I’m working in webCoRE, and have a thread going for this over there (HERE), and I think Robin just gave me what I need. I will be testing it later today, and will report back on how it goes…

UPDATE: It works! I finally have a way of doing this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

(MSavage) #143

I installed the zone manager smartapp, went into MyApps to setup the first zone but I am stuck, my screen just displays the spinning circle indefinitely when I try to create my new zone, any ideas why? Going to go back remove the SmartApp and try to install it again. Did I miss a step? Doesn’t the SmartApp create the virtual zone and devices upon creation of the new zone? Just load SmartApp create the zone and configure, correct?
Matt

Disregard, figured it out, still need to publish, and forgot to install the device type, now everything is working, thanks Mike for the app.

1 Like

Hi, couple questions:

I don’t see the git repository for MikeMaxwell/zmm. How do I get the latest app.

For now I installed the app from a fork smileyborg/zmm. But when I Create New Zone in the Zone Manager App, it just spins. I did install the device type/handler as well for this app and published them all. @Matt_Savage, how did you resolve this issue. thanks.

0 Likes

Ignore second question. Didn’t realize the child app will also need to be created and published in IDE. just don’t have to install it in smartthings app.

0 Likes

(Judd Tracy) #147

Did @Mike_Maxwell stop supporting this project? Git repo seems to have been pulled.

0 Likes

Do you want the code?

0 Likes

Is this the latest working copy of ZMM?https://github.com/MikeMaxwell/SmartThingsPublic/tree/master/smartapps/mikemaxwell

if not, would be nice if someone forked it and can provide a link

0 Likes

That’s the one I have.

@Mike_Maxwell,

Are you still updating this thread and the app?

0 Likes

(Judd Tracy) #151

Seems like there is a lot more there than just the ZMM code and last updated over 2 years ago. Is that the latest version?

0 Likes

Motion sensor outdoor false alarms fix?
(Michael) #152

Doubt it, Mike focus is now on Hubitat and this app is now included in that platform.

0 Likes

Oh Well. It still work as is for me…For Now.

0 Likes

I heard from Mike, the code is no longer being supported for SmartThings.

However, several people have said they have been able to do something very similar using webcore, so I would ask on the webcore forum if you were looking for this functionality as of 2018. :sunglasses:

0 Likes

Hi @JDRoberts,

I am still using the last version and I can safely say it work for me. I did test the WebCoRe and it does work if you know what you are doing. I can post my Piston here at a later time. Or you can do that too,

0 Likes

(Craig Bennett) #156

How often have you gotten a false positive since you used this?

Also, can you paste in the code/piston your using? The GitHub link that was provided says the page doesn’t exist.

0 Likes

Hi @crua9,

Never. I love this code and it works great! Prior to it, all I got were ghosts in my house and the WAF was so low the SmartThings Hub v1 was almost tossed out.

0 Likes

(Matt) #158

Anyone have this in a git repository? The original git link is still dead.

1 Like

I do. It still works.PM me if you need the code.

1 Like

(Ben Garton) #160

Would love the code for this if you have it, it sounds like just what I’m looking for!

1 Like

(www.smartukhome.co.uk) #161

I would be interested in seeing this webcore piston this app seems to be just completely random for me recently

0 Likes