Smart Window Blinds / Shades

Hi Lloyd,

Yes, log into the IDE for your smartthings via the internet. You may have to log in twice for it to find your location. So you log in once and then go to home I think and then it asks to log you in again. Go to devices and edit. Then switch the generic switch to a dimmer switch. That should allow you to bring up or down the shade at %s, so 50% would halfway opened or halfway closed.

https://graph.api.smartthings.com/

1 Like

Wow thank you so much for your fast reply! So I’m not sure what an IDE is but I will Google it and learn. Is this process hard for a newbie? And will this give me all of the cool settings that you showed on your post that I read?

The link is the post up above. Not at all, you should be able to navigate fairly easy.

https://graph.api.smartthings.com/

The IDE is where you can see all your devices and add code to the hub, device handlers etc.

It can be a bit confusing at first but I assure you that you are in a great community of experts that can assists.

1 Like

Awesome thanks it worked! I need to come to this community more often! So I see you were chatting with this member in the screenshots attached. Do you happen to know how I can get the multi function app like these?

You can setup “routines” in your smart app for the basic setup triggers. On/Off, dims etc.

You can also use the smart app CORE. You will have to install it via the IDE. They have a whole section for that.

You can search for that poster he might be able to help you or at the very least take you to that topic for that specific app.

I never installed anything extra after all. My shades go up and down automatically at certain times of the day or while on vacation some open and some don’t.

1 Like

You’re te best and thanks for taking the time with me and I sure will. Have a great evening :o)

Not a problem. Glad I can contribute to the community.

1 Like

THIS WORKS TO CONNECT TO SMART THINGS & AMAZON ALEXA/ECHO.

First press and hold the button on the shade until it blinks red (7-10 seconds), it will blink them stop. Then press and hold the button for about three seconds until the green light blinks and it should jog up and down, then go to smart things “THINGS” menu and click add thing, and it should automatically be added as a ZWave switch. You can then have Alexa discover it and use command, Alexa turn on the Den Shades" (or whatever you called it. Use Turn on to open and turn off to close.

Hi! What shades are you using? I have some dooya motors and I want to do the same.

Thanks!

Hello and i’m using the zwave blinds from BlindsSaver.com called AutoView Motorization. I got them during a BOGO sale and love them. Started with 4 and now have 6!

Now they do!

1 Like

I’m a newbie. I have vertical blinds fitted, I would like google home automation. Can this be done and if so how? Please help.