Smart Window Blinds / Shades

I read through this thread, it isn’t clear if “somfy_shades.groovy” works with the new autoview blinds. Does it?

I too have the New Autoview Blinds but have not been able to find a device type that works with them, other then the generic zwave switch. Has anyone developed a device for the new autoview blinds?

Change them to the generic z-wave dimmer.

With the autoview blinds and ST, have you been able to successfully pair a secondary controller?

Yes, ZebraBlinds did an awesome YouTube for pairing with ST and adding the secondary controller.

You can also change the switch as a dimmer if it did not pick it up as as dimmer. This will allow you to open or close the shade to a percentage.

I followed those instructions but it didn’t work. Are you using this remote? I want it to control all 4 of my family room binds. I have it paired and working fine with ST. I tried pressing the button on the back once fast, the remote blinks. I then press and hold the button on the blinds until it blinks then it jogs. After doing that on each blind only the first blind works with the remote and there is about a 15 second delay from when I press the button to when the blind responds. Works 100% and instant with ST. Oh, I also paired the remote with ST.

No, I just have the top half of it. But they should work the same.

Did you clear them first? They have to be excluded first before you can reprogram them. They came programmed from the factory.

How do you exclude them?

BTW - I am building a blind manager app that will allow you to create groups of blinds and control them via ST as a single blind. Almost done!

2 Likes

Exclude them using these:

1 Like

The app I mentioned is release here…

2 Likes

If I remember correctly your hold both buttons down then they start to flash simultaneously until it turns red.

Thanks for your help. I got it working. Here is what I did.

1. Turned on ST exclusion mode.
  2. Pressed and held the remote pin hole button until the remote flashed, device excluded in a few seconds.
  3. Pressed the pin hole button quickly on the remote, it began to flash.
  4. Pressed and held the button on the shade until it flashed and let go. The shade jogged and the remote paired.
  5. Repeat for each shade.

Great! Glad you got it working… I remember it being confusing because of so many different directions out there and then once they are programmed you have to exclude and start over.

Zebrablinds youtube help out tremendously.

I have my remotes stored away, don’t even use them.

Love my shades though. So happy I bought them.

1 Like

I don’t use the remote either, but want it as an option. I have my automations setup…

1 - Open the blinds at sunrise.
2 - Close the blinds when everyone leaves.
3 - Open the blinds when someone arrives and it is between sunrise and sunset.
4 - Close the blinds at sunset.

Occasionally when watching TV during the day I will manually adjust them and use the remote or the echo for that.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree. Wanted to make sure I had it working 100%.

Hello and thanks for this answer. Do you know how I could change this from a switch to generic zwave dimmer? Also will I be able to lower and close them at percentages?

1 Like

Hello and I just bought these as well and I love them the only problem is it only works with a generic up-and-down switch or shall I say on and off. Did you happen to find a way to control the percentage and have them go on and off halfway if you want them to? Thanks so much for your time

Hi James and thank for your post. I just purchased for these as well and so far they were great the only problem is I hate that stupid up and down is my only option. By any chance did you come across an app that allows you to do up and down at a percentage or up and down with a timer depending on what time of day it is? Thank you so much for your help

Hi again James and this is exactly what I was looking for. Is there any instructions on this anywhere? Thanks a ton for any help you can provide