Smart LED Tube?

I am trying to find a LED Tube that can work with SmartThings. I searched and found nothing that are compatible with SmartThings.

Any idea? Looking to use a motion sensor with it.

I had the same results. There are a few Zigbee tubes I could find, but the profiles don’t match. (See FAQ: Zigbee Application Profiles, or why not all zigbee devices work with SmartThings).
So, I would say your best bet would be to use a non-dimmer smart switch.
(You’re probably aware of this, but just in case) A number of LED tubes require removing the ballast (which isn’t needed anymore in any case) and some require rewiring the “tombstones” so that neutral and line are at one end instead of opposite ends. If you’re in a location that doesn’t allow Do-It-Yourself rewiring or if this isn’t your thing, get in touch with an electrician.

1 Like

I replace all of my tubes in my basement with led tubes and put a Z-wave switch to operate them, I also use motion sensors to turn the lights on/off when someone enters and turn off a couple of minutes later when motion stops. My been working the way it should for a couple of years and no problem what so ever.

2 Likes

Did the same thing a few years ago. Just ordered a dozen LED 4’ tubes with built in ballasts. Removed the old ballasts from the light fixtures and wired straight to the mains (through the old tombstones) with Marettes.
A 4 light fixture now draws 40W instead of 160W and the light is much nicer.

1 Like

Sorry, I have been away for work, so I could not answer.

I already removed the ballast and everything, the lights are in the fixture and working correctly. However, I am still unable to find the proper light switch that will let me use a motion sensor (local automation).

I appreciate your suggestions. I would like to know which Light switch can I use that doesn’t require a neutral wire but also work with SmartThings?

You’re requirement to not have a neutral wire is going to be extremely problematic with just about any home automation set up.

To be honest, it has been going well so far, because the lights that are use are Philips Hue bulbs, so I don’t need a neutral wire for those.

This led tube is the only issue. Luckily, I only have one that I am trying to make “smart”.

I agree that not having a neutral wire isn’t helping me. Philips hue is quite expensive too, but this is an old house…

Are they shop light fixtures or they direct wire? Would be possible for you to use a smart plug instead of a switch?

I made a dumb LED tube smart by using a Fibaro Dimmer 2 in the light switch, it works without a neutral wire, you just turn off the dimming feature on the Fibaro.

1 Like

Inovelli has a dimmer coming out in july info on the site and you don’t need a neutral and it will work as you want it to. I put a link to the website below.

https://inovelli.com/zwave-switches/