Smart Blinds Compatible with Smartthings? (2018)

Hi guys! Can anybody confirm that Lutron Serena work with SmartThings natively? The seller intends to sell me RA2 Select Main Repeater. I checked official info, but it looks a bit dated, with photos of old ST application.

Looking forward to hear from you!

Are you asking if Serena shades will work without the Lutron Smart Bridge? I believe you need the Lutron Smart Bridge. I’m about to buy some Serena shades from Home Depot and would like to hear someone confirm that it works with the classic Smartthings app. Would it work with Hubitat Elevation as well?

For that you need the Lutron Smart Bridge Pro or a Radio RA2 Main Repeater.

2 Likes

I have my shades connected to Smartthings. Works great.

For my Shades I installed ‘Somfy’ RTS RU 28 shades. Somfy has plenty of options for low power/high power depending on the weight of your shade.

For Integration to Smartthings, I have had for some time the Bond (bondhome.io) hub for Ceiling Fans. While Somfy does offer their own Hub I did not use the Somfy Hub. Instead I used Bond which has built in Somfy support. Bond then integrates nicely with Smartthings (and Alexa).

It all works great and I’m installing more shades.

Had anyone tried these yet?
Looks like the most affordable z-wave option out there but I can’t find much information on them.

There are a couple of brief comments in this thread; coincidentally, I was also looking for feedback today and pinged them for updates…

1 Like

Will check it out. Thanks.

I am going to post this here in case anyone else has the same issue that I had. In order to get the Serena Blinds by Lutron to add as a device to your SmartThings App you will need to add it to the Classic App. I spent a good amount of time trying to “find” them using the new app and I was unsuccessful. I had to add them as a device on the Classic App and that automatically added them to the new app as well.

I do have the Lutron Hub in operation as well.

Just checking… you went to add device > by brand > Lutron > window treatment?

I did. I chose the option for the “Lutron Caseta Shade” and it was unable to find them.

I know this is a bit late, but I was googling for answers and came across this thread. I got solar shades with a motorized option and was wondering if there’s a way to retrofit it with my Alexa Mini Dot?

The short answer is no.

The long answer is that you could get an automated button pusher that has its own Alexa integration and physically attach it to one of the remotes for the blinds and get some integration that way. But I don’t think it would work very well in this particular case, that’s a better solution for when you have something which just has an on/off button. I don’t think you’d be able to adjust them to partway open very easily. :disappointed_relieved:

You should contact the company you bought them from and ask them if they are going to offer Alexa integration and see what they say.

Hi! Have tried new IKEA blinds. Connected with Samsung Hub with easy and works fine.