Smart Alarm Needs a leader

Thanks Kevin, I could definitely use CoRE for this. Just thought there is an option in SZM for this that’s all.

1 Like

I have started to play around with the SZM and have found it to be very powerful Yes a bit complex but very powerful. Looking forward tot he Web Dashboard option if you continue development. Nice work, again!

3 Likes

@krlaframboise Question in regards to arming the “Armed (Alone)” option. How should the presence sensor be setup so that will Arm (Alone) when there is only 1 out of 3 people presence? Thanks!

I recommend using the SmartApp CoRE to handle complex logic like that and then select that piston as the arming trigger in this SmartApp.

Thanks. I start using CoRE for some enhanced security and safety warnings. I setup to receive push notification in Safety Notifications but I never got one but my wife got the sms alerts. I change my settings to sms and it indeed worked. Security push notifications did work using just myself. Have not added my wife because I am also using Zone Motion Manager in conjunction with this killer app. I still have a few excluded devices in the SZM smartapp and that works well. Needed something with custom false alarm and trigger motion options that ZMM provides and still provide reasonable motion sensing for the cat… So far it is quite working well.

Also I cannot get the audio on Sonos. I tested my Sonos via CoRE with one of the enhanced safety alerts and it did work using the Speak Text option on a music player. But I prefer your option because it provides greater details.

Still think is a great app. I am glad that I sat down and gave the app some dedicated time. Not only did it make put serious thoughts into setup but it made re-think a few devices around here as well. Enjoying the options and flexibility.

Is it possible to have color light when you have an intrusion? I see only on and off. I could create a virtual switch to trigger color but it would be nice if it’s baked in the alarm. Or if there is a way to pass the state of the SZM to CoRE?

That was the piece I was working on when I stopped the project so there are some related settings scattered throughout it that don’t actually do anything.

Which method did you use for playing the sound because I think there’s a speak text option in this SZM.

Thanks, but keep in mind that it’s still a beta and this is SmartThings so there’s no guarentee that it will actual work when you really need it to.

I know passing the state from SZM to CoRE wasn’t possible last time I checked, but that was in the fall and I haven’t played around with CoRE SE so I’m not exactly sure what functionality that provides.

I now have a color changing bulb so that’s something I can implement in a future release once I start development again.

Hi, Where are the install steps for Simple Zone Monitor? They were not shown on the Github link . I would like to try it out. thx

That link goes to the ReadMe file which has all of the documentation, but it doesn’t have explicit installation instructions.

It installs the same as any other custom SmartApp. If this is the first time using a custom SmartApp then read this post.

2 Likes