Should I come back?

@Fuzzyligic

The data we have is from too short of a a period of time to have any confidence. The occurrence of things like state loss were spread out over months and in order to have any confidence things have improved in that regard one would need at least double that period of time, at the absolute minimum, to say things have “improved” at all with any confidence that is based in reality rather than raw hope. For reference, we have folks that two weeks after a catastrophic state loss proclaiming “Wow ST, good job things have really IMPROVED!!!”, so caveat emptor, in god we trust in all else we want data…

That being said, I rebuilt in July and I was going on about 75 days without a noticeable issue - keeping in mind the way I have my system setup I certainly won’t notice most failures - until the last few weeks when this issue hit:

Issues will happen, and this one was pretty mild in terms of impact for my system. I know others were hit harder and continue to suffer. Perhaps most striking is that it exposes that monitoring and proactive responses are still not up to snuff and there are clearly still major ghosts in the system that ST does not have a good handle on. So, IMO any day can still lead to a major outage or issue at this point.

TL/DR: While I have been fairly stable day to day, there just isn’t anything to support that ST has achieved operational reliability yet.

4 Likes