Shed Protection

er, just had a crack at the SMS side (I’m UK-based too, y’see).

All sorted. Get yourself a clicksend account, add a tenner’s credit. Txts cost 2p.

You can toss about with the API etc and use some funky webcore to send a near instant text, else go the easier route which takes approx 1 minute to get there by using simple webcore/email.

I tried the texting route and found I didn’t like it - unless you pay an extra £2.50/month, any texts you receive will come from one of a list of seemingly random numbers, making it difficult to say, add a contact on your phone “for your house”. When SMS worked back in the day, I extensively used the SMS notifications from the home hub and had a contact saved as “Madhouse”.

If however, you use email… dead easy. Just need to make sure your email addy (from which it’s sent) is added to your “permitted email addresses” in clicksend. Then simply use webcore like this:

=-edit=-
can’t seem to get the webcore function ‘send email’ to work. Has something broken? You can instead use the sms/webcore just fine… nicked the code from someone on this forum somewhere…

@djh_wolf
Could you provide links to the products you used? Especially the power supplies.

Siren, bought a few, ebay etc. This is from my amazon order history

Alarm box
https://www.amazon.co.uk/your-orders/pop/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_pop?_encoding=UTF8&gen=canonical&lineItemId=qispttqtomlpqw&orderId=206-3909211-0473136&packageId=1&returnSummaryId=&returnUnitIndices=&shipmentId=DXz7hZppY

Psu… Any old crap, these things are very low power. Just remember, 4 aa batteries means 6v psu. Etc.

@djh_wolf
Thanks for replying. Your second link did not work as it was for your own previous orders which only you can see. I was particularly interested in the dummy siren box as most I have come across are battery only.

Dummy box, is battery powered. But that means you can patch in a dc psu instead. Which as I suggested earlier, can be controlled via a smart socket.

Which means the (battery) box can be switched on/off by smartthings. = p