Set thermostat to away when flood sensor triggers

(Dave Lehmer) #1

Trying to figure out how to do this, is there a community app that’s already built to do something like this? I’m using a nest thermostat with nest manager to control my thermostat. So far, I just use ifttt to turn the a/c up as high as it’ll go when the flood sensor triggers, but I’m hoping there’s a better way to do it.

(Ben W) #2

I think “Dry Wetspot” and “Switch Changes mode” found in the market place could do this, with a virtual switch.

Create Virtual switch: FAQ: Creating a virtual Device

Create a new mode called “Flood” (or whatever)

Install smartApp “Switch Changes Mode”. Set it up for virtual switch to change mode to Flood

Have Nest-Manager automation set Away on mode “Flood”

Install SmartApp “Dry Wetspot” and set it up when detects moisture trigger virtual switch.

Good Luck!

(Dave Lehmer) #3

Awesome, thanks, I’ll have to try it out when I get home, my hub just went offline for some reason while I was at work

(Ben W) #4

Its probably the update. I know its alot of steps and jumps through a few smartApps. There may be a faster way but it should at least get you down the path of thinking how to handle this.

(Dave Lehmer) #5

Yeah it was the update. My hub is pretty much bricked at this point. Wish I would’ve known this about firmware updates. I guess I didn’t have a choice to accept it or not though. Now I have to wait for an engineer to fix it.