Rule Machine rule created properly?

Hey guys, trying to set up a rule to auto the lights in the morning as the routines just are not working. At 5:10AM every morning id like all selected lights to come on automatically. The rule I have created so far is as follows. Is this what I need to accomplish what I am wanting?

Name - Morning Lights
Select Conditions - Time Between 5:10AM and 7:00AM CST [False] Not really sure why this says false?
Define a rule - Time between 5:10AM and 7:00AM CST [False] Again, not sure why this says false here.
Select Actions - Lights 1-10 turn on.
Select Action’s for false - NA
More Options
Only during certain time - NA
Only on certain days of the week - M-F
Only when mode is - NA
Switch to disable rule - NA

That’s showing you the state at the moment you were on that screen, presumably after 7:00 AM.

This should work. So would a Trigger using Certain Time of 5:10 with same actions.

This may still fail due to ST’s messed up handling of scheduled events.

Ahhh, thanks for explaining why it shows False. Ill give it a go and see what happens. Hopefully it works as the routines just arent working.

Any specific reason you have the time range In there? If all you want is for the lights to come on at a specific time, just list the time as a trigger, you can get rid of the conditions. The reason you’re seeing ‘false’ is that the current time is outside the range you set of 5:10 and 7:00. In the conditions section, the true/false imdicates the current truth state of the condition you’ve set, that’s all. It’s how the rules are reviewed by Rule Machine. Be forewarned though, anything time based can be very unstable. Smart Things scheduler has huge inherent problems and all time functions are based on that. If you don’t absolutely need specific time as a trigger. Use something else. A switch turning on, motion as a trigger writhing a time range as a condition, etc.

There’s a really helpful write up in the first post of the Rule Machine [Release] thread that explains all this and more. Search for it!

Edited: you beat me to it!

Where is this done at? What field do I enable this at? Im not finding anything titled as trigger?

When you first create the rule, it will give you the option to set a trigger. Since the rule you’ve written is really simple, prob just easiest to remove your current rule and write a new one.

Thanks for the information. When going in I was completely missing the trigger option. Cheers!

After taking some time to chase the one error I was getting in my logs, & scanning code to the point my eyes thought i was in the matrix movie, I found my issue. RM works as expected however it does not work with dummy’s (meaning me). I had changed an event from a rule to a conditional trigger, & I updated all my rules to reflect this new change.

Here is where I open mouth & insert foot! I only added to new conditional trigger to my other existing rules. What this did was leave original rule on the main page, but it didn’t show in the actions page. And this was causing my error. So my point is be carful when making rules one change can & most definitely will affect you other rules.

## Error which I am no longer getting

a16b102e-1c85-4168-8805-5c4322d9dae6 12:23:33 EST: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getAt() on null object @ line 1575
a16b102e-1c85-4168-8805-5c4322d9dae6 12:23:33 EST: info (A) Away: (CT) Away evaluate
a16b102e-1c85-4168-8805-5c4322d9dae6 12:22:32 EST: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getAt() on null object @ line 1575
a16b102e-1c85-4168-8805-5c4322d9dae6 12:22:32 EST: info (A) Away: (CT) Away evaluate
a16b102e-1c85-4168-8805-5c4322d9dae6 12:19:25 EST: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getAt() on null object @ line 1575
a16b102e-1c85-4168-8805-5c4322d9dae6 12:19:25 EST: info (A) Away: (CT) Away evaluate