Rule Machine - Get peer assistance here with setting up rules

Is there a way with rule machine to refresh a device’s state?

This is because when I turn my LIFX bulbs on with my harmony remote, the Smartthings app won’t show them as being turned on in “things” until in push refresh.

Thank you!

yes add custom command refresh() and or poll() then make a rule that is triggered how you want with action custom command refresh or poll

1 Like

@eric182 if you scroll up in this thread a bit, you’ll see a pretty detailed conversation about this very thing but related to phillips bulbs.

Thanks for the help!

But is it possible? 20 chars

yes, very possible. that’s why I directed them up in the thread. there are examples of how to make the rules and everything.

Edit:
Here, follow this link to this thread. It’s for this specific thing except it talking about phillips bulbs.

1 Like

Is what I’m looking for assistance possible…

follow the link directly above yours

Do I have to enter anything in the “parameters” section? And what’s the difference between refresh and poll ?

Thanks everyone. !

I don’t follow how that would help tie into a forecast to change the color of a rgbw strip. Am I missing something?

What do I enter for this screen?

Oh Dude! I’m sorry… I thought you were talking about the refresh thing… I’m sorry… I have no idea about the weather thing…

1 Like

Leave the parameter blank

Though, I’m not sure what it does exactly.

@bravenel @Mike_Maxwell can either of you help me out with this?

Lol! No worries man! I was like WTF is dude trying to do to my brain!

It’s more of a geewiz feature. Since amazon came out with their cheaper echo brethren, ill place one in the ensuite for morning weather updates.

refresh and poll do the same thing if both are available, leave the parameters blank, so uncheck the parameter type that you have selected.

what exactly does the parameters do? Can you give me an example?

setlevel(40), for a dimmer, playTextAndResume(“yak yak yak”,50)…
that type of thing

2 Likes

OK. Thanks everyone for your help with this. I successfully create a rule machine rule to refresh my Lifx bulbs. The trigger is with a motion sensor that’s not active every second of the day. so it’s not refreshing constantly Creating too much " network noise". Thank you.

Can anyone tell me why this rule did not send me a text message last night at 10:00?
What did I do wrong?

Thanks!

I think you have to use “.” to separate, with no ()

So. NPA.NXX.XXXX