Rule machine - as per the app developer, this app is no longer available for new installs, distribution, or support

I do see the name change in the edit history, but it’s showing on 4/11 and I’m pretty sure it wasn’t actually changed on that date.

1 Like

Just checked the edit history. Bruce was the last person to edit the file. We also have admin logs for all of the moderators and it is not showing that anyone at ST made the change. I assume Bruce made the Title Change.

Certain forum members also have a “trust” level high enough to edit forum post titles. It could have been an accident.

1 Like

I see the name change from Release to Rule Machine x, but not the withdrawn. I have changed titles and categories(not these ones), but it shows in the edit history when I do it. Also I always try to either message op before doing so, after doing so or in the thread depending on how active/new they are to the forum.

Edit, For reference see the edit history of

it shows on apr 13th I changed the category.

1 Like
5 Likes

It may have been @bravenel, preparing the Rule X (10 arabic numeral)

OK, I had to be #4400!!!

4 Likes

I agree it could have been, but what’s odd is that the withdrawn name disappeared from the edit history.

edit: also that was post 4507 :smirk:

Maybe the community is sharing the db with Rule and lost its state…

9 Likes

If you check Bruce’s 161 modifications, it does look like he made the change…

I agree, It does look like that. But where did the [Withdrawn] Rule Machine title go? It’s not in the edit history.

1 Like

It went in the same place where 107 posts went, because my post is 4400 (active?)

well in 4400 posts it’s beleivable that ~2.4% of posts were deleted because they were irrelevant, off topic, moved, or duplicates.

2 Likes

It’s a diff, not a complete history of every edit. The Change to [Withdrawn] was just that, at title change. The file and title were diffed against the previous version of both and when it reconciled, discourse lost the title change.

1 Like

Wow, BRUCE WE NEED YOU! See how we are waiting for you to show up and watching for the smallest of signs!

BTW- If an edit counts as a post, Bruce’s last post was Apr 13, that was way before the Title change.

I doubt it was ST changing for PR, all the other WITHDRAWN posts are still there, just do a search.

@bravenel, you have had the one of the most beneficial effects on the community AND have sacrificed much to bring the attention and motivation for ST to GET IT RIGHT! Please tell me it was a poker move (we appreciate it) and you have won! Now get back to the table and make another bet! :slot_machine:

3 Likes

I doubt Bruce has unplugged and binned his hub, if he comes back, and I don’t know one way or the other, I’m sure it won’t be until he feels that rm is running correctly.
And today it isnt, nor are routines completing, while I’m not getting any headless zombies, I shouldn’t have to refresh a rule to get it working abain, and such is the current state of observations on my end.

6 Likes

I agree 100% ! I have been repeatedly saying that old corrupted data will not be corrected and it will have to be repopulated.

Are your rule refreshes having to be repeated since the “update”? Or occasional one timers? If we are still getting corruption, this is very bad for ST. I have remove/replaced my zombies and have not seen any come back in the last few days. RM is working great for me right now!

SHM on the other hand is in really bad shape! I want to replace it with RM but not sure where it is heading.

I have had several rules that have required multiple refreshes since the updates last week. Whenever there’s a platform update I refresh everything as a matter of course.

Mmmm, that’s not a good data stability sign :disappointed:

I have to do this about 25% of the time after an update. I’m stubborn and wait for things to fail, usually they don’t.