[routine] to synchronize Tasmota device status, on with ir blaster?

Hi, hu a tasmotata socket that measures power consumption and a TV and an amplifier connected to it, but switched on via an ir blaster (switchbot).

I would like to make an automation to synchronize the ignition status, to do this I thought of a routine that if you see a current draw greater than 30W turn on the TV and amplifier (to synchronize the status of the device seen on Smartthings, because if the socket indicates 30W it means that are already on).

I can do this because both TV and amplifier have separate on and off buttons, however I can’t do it with automations.

I tried like this, but if I turn on the TV by voice then this routine does not start and the amplifier remains indicated as off what should I change? Unfortunately I noticed that the socket does not allow you to select a current absorption for a defined time, but only to select if it is a precondition.

Could you create a rule in the voice assistant?
I did this for my TV controlled by the switchbot ir blaster using Alexa routines.
When you say turn on TV
Then turn on TV switch

Of course, this already works without doing any routines on voice assistants, simply if I say “turn on TV Living Room” it will turn on. My problem is when I turn on with remote control, or the amplifier turns on automatically subordinate to the TV switching on, the status is not synchronized in the Smartthings app. I hope I have explained myself better now. Thanks

I have not found a solution for synchronization when the remote is used. Hopefully someone else can help with this.
Maybe @JDRoberts can offer some insight if this is possible?

In theory, I had found a solution, that is to use a socket that measures consumption and if there are + 35W, give in turn the TV and amplifier on via IR Blaster, but it does not work. It probably doesn’t activate properly when it should

The IR blaster doesn’t notify ST when it is used and neither do most smart speakers. So it comes down to getting notification from the smart plug when it goes above a certain energy draw, as you have tried. But that depends on the specific smart plug model: many don’t notify immediately of changes. Sometimes there’s a delay of 15 minutes or more, sometimes they don’t notify at all. This can also be affected by the choice of DTH. Too much polling can crush your network, so you want to try to avoid that as well. :thinking:

What’s the exact brand and model of the plug?

If the question was for me, I use a Shelly smart plug S socket with tasmota firmware and its related newly created EDGE drive. Until a few months ago I was using the same with DH custom and I remember that everything worked fine, but I don’t remember how I created that rule unfortunately. Suddenly it started not working anymore, so I deleted that rule and now that the EDGE drive is there I don’t know how to do it anymore.

1 Like

Maybe the DTH was polling and the Edge Driver doesn’t. I would suggest you post a question in the thread for that edge driver with a link to this thread so the author can look at it.

1 Like