Hi, hu a tasmotata socket that measures power consumption and a TV and an amplifier connected to it, but switched on via an ir blaster (switchbot).
I would like to make an automation to synchronize the ignition status, to do this I thought of a routine that if you see a current draw greater than 30W turn on the TV and amplifier (to synchronize the status of the device seen on Smartthings, because if the socket indicates 30W it means that are already on).
I can do this because both TV and amplifier have separate on and off buttons, however I can’t do it with automations.
I tried like this, but if I turn on the TV by voice then this routine does not start and the amplifier remains indicated as off what should I change? Unfortunately I noticed that the socket does not allow you to select a current absorption for a defined time, but only to select if it is a precondition.
Of course, this already works without doing any routines on voice assistants, simply if I say “turn on TV Living Room” it will turn on. My problem is when I turn on with remote control, or the amplifier turns on automatically subordinate to the TV switching on, the status is not synchronized in the Smartthings app. I hope I have explained myself better now. Thanks
In theory, I had found a solution, that is to use a socket that measures consumption and if there are + 35W, give in turn the TV and amplifier on via IR Blaster, but it does not work. It probably doesn’t activate properly when it should
The IR blaster doesn’t notify ST when it is used and neither do most smart speakers. So it comes down to getting notification from the smart plug when it goes above a certain energy draw, as you have tried. But that depends on the specific smart plug model: many don’t notify immediately of changes. Sometimes there’s a delay of 15 minutes or more, sometimes they don’t notify at all. This can also be affected by the choice of DTH. Too much polling can crush your network, so you want to try to avoid that as well.
If the question was for me, I use a Shelly smart plug S socket with tasmota firmware and its related newly created EDGE drive. Until a few months ago I was using the same with DH custom and I remember that everything worked fine, but I don’t remember how I created that rule unfortunately. Suddenly it started not working anymore, so I deleted that rule and now that the EDGE drive is there I don’t know how to do it anymore.