Ring vs Skybell vs Kuna vs?

Which Synology-ST integration are you using?

Ring Pro is 24Vac only, uses WiFi.

The Ring Elite can use POE or 24Vac.

No integration between Kuna and SmartThings at the present time. Many of us still added Kuna to our set ups in 2015 because it was a nice choice for the front door camera if you could also use the light. In particular, at that time it was very easy to just review the current feed without needing it to have been triggered by the motion sensor like some of the other doorbell cameras.

I still have mine and like it as a video doorbell, but it probably isnā€™t what I would select today as there are so many more camera options now available. :sunglasses:

Thanks Benji and JDRoberts. Wasnā€™t sure, as i havenā€™t been using the newer options out there. Great info nonetheless.

iā€™m trying to make this work:

ā€¦will report back when i get this working. So far triggers are working well in Synology (triggered photos)ā€¦so i have to hope that itā€™s not much more to make this work.

My only issue is getting the doorbird trigger and motion sensor to work. So far, Smartthings support has been pretty unhelpful. Still trying to figure out how to make a call from their API via HTTP get/push. Worst comes to worst, the motion sensor/trigger will be triggered through synology, Will share details once i figure this out. Unfortunately, iā€™m not a programmer which makes it harder :frowning:

Iā€™m looking at a Ring Pro or Skybell HD. Skybell has three versions; the round Skybell HD, Honeywell Skybell Slimline and the Alarm.com slimline. Iā€™m not interested in the Alarm.com version as it requires their app and a paid subscription to use it. Has anybody used the Honeywell Slimline version? How good is the ST integration with any of the Skybells? Does anybody have a screenshot of the ST app showing Skybell?

Kuna floodlights, to compete w/ Ring floodlights:

$250.

Iā€™ve tried to convince them on their FB page and by email to open their APIs for a ST integration to no availā€¦ Iā€™ve given up on the integration part, but the fact of the matter is that the device itself works very well (especially with the monthly subscriptions).

Iā€™ve been using them for more than 2 years now (I was an early adopter on Indiegogo), and with the price point I got at that time, Iā€™ve never thought of switching to ring or skybell (even with the integration).

And, the temps can go down to -40C in the Winter here in Montrealā€¦
Regards.

1 Like

After seeing this I went online an ordered one. I now have it installed and it works great. I do have a problem with the motion detection but I am working with your support group on it.

Here is a referral for $20 off the Kuna outdoor light (and motion cam):

Regards.

Newegg is selling kuna devices for the same price right now. And thereā€™s even a $20 discount code too, MSPRING.