Reset hue bulb to factory once it has joined the SmartThings hub

Just as an FYI here is a tread about how to reset a Hue Bulb back to factory no mater what channel it last joined on. Dr. Hue is in and the Bulbs are back (Reset Hue bulbs to factory)

1 Like

Sorry I didnā€™t see that JD already posted that link. Should have known hard to keep up with him!!

Heh. I didnā€™t! That is, I didnā€™t the first time, I instead posted a link to a different post of yours that was a couple weeks earlier, and had some of the same information while you were working towards a solution.

After you posted here with the link to the full solution, I changed the link in my post to go to that one, since it has all of the information, more concisely presented. :wink:

1 Like

Can the SmartThings hub decide to change the channel after-the-fact? IF GE link only uses ZLL paring GE link would cause ST to switch to a ZLL frequency? Then you take the hues to the hue bridge with the known methods?

The first generation SmartThings hub cannot, the frequency is set at the time of manufacture and cannot be changed.

There has been some talk that the second generation may allow user changeable frequencies, but weā€™ll have to wait and see what actually happens when itā€™s released.

It looks like the GE Link bulbs use ZigBee HA 1.2. I guess it all makes sense now? :slight_smile:

Hi John,

Iā€™ve had several Philips Hue White bulbs connected to Smartthings hub directly. I purchased the new HomeKit compatible Philips Hue Bridge and wanted to connect my bulbs to it. Even without removing them from Smartthings, I went to the Hue app, entered serial numbers of my current bulbs and they then were discovered and connected automatically to Hue hub. Simple as that - without resetting them to default. I then went to Smartthings app and deleted them manually from there. Worked like a charm.

When the bulbs were connected to my Smartthings hub, they were on channel 24.

My 2c,
Jiri

1 Like