[RELEASE] Zooz 4-in-1 Sensor

There is no “monoprice version” of the current Zooz 4-in-1 Sensor.

The original release of the Zooz 4-in-1 Sensor was practically the same device, but Zooz has released at least 2 new hardware versions and 4-5 firmware updates that solve all the issues that the original version had.

So you’re saying I really ought to get a Zwave USB stick so I can update firmware on all my devices? WAF is already bottoming out with the ST app, ES and Alexa Skill changes, so if I spend a few days updating devices, what’ve i got to lose? :joy:

Ooh just realized, if I wait for the next sale I can get a HE for about $40 more, update all my devices, migrate everything over and keep ES!

Ah yes, I meant I have both the first and second hardware version of Zooz.
I have never heard they updated the firmware and I can’t find any mention of it on their web page?
Perhaps if I can get hold of it I can make it work as advertised and not wait 8-9 minutes to react to a humidity change?

Due to hardware changes, versions prior to 17.9 can’t be updated.

How can I tell what version I have?
It was sold as Zooz Z-Wave Plus 4-in-1 Sensor ZSE40 VER. 2.0 which is the same version they have on their web site still.

My sensor’s firmware version is shown as 32.2, on the IDE portal within the device’s ‘Current States’ section. Is anyone else having difficulty with setting a new checkinInterval value? Mine appears to be ignoring my preferred value and using the default 29100s, even after waking the device.

Thanks Dennis. I checked in the IDE portal and I have Firmware version 17.9 so it should be possible to upgrade.
Where can I find the Firmware and how to update?

As to where to find the current firmware - that’s a good question. My suggestion would be to either call or email TheSmartestHouse for the answer. Even then, I’m not sure how you would be able flash it to your device.

Watch Live Logging in the IDE to make sure it really did wake up to accept the changes.

As far as I know, all enhancements to motion and sensor reporting were made prior to 17.9.

The device only reports sensor values at 3 minute intervals and they’ll only be reported if the threshold of any of the measurements has been reached.

Well, doesn’t work for the humidity sensor. Works for the motion sensor.

I contacted Thesmartesthouse a while back, they responded with a settings change which of course didn’t work. I replied and since then crickets.
So my recommendation is, do not buy this device, it cannot properly trigger off of humidity in a sane time frame.
Buy the Iris Motion Sensor IL07 3rd Generation, it actually works.

Mine works just as fast as the Iris IL07 with the humidity sensitivity set to 3. Have you tried taking it down and breathing on it to test? Maybe it’s the location you have it?

I tried everything. It waits for about 9 minutes and then the reading jumps 10-15%.
It’s located on the wall just above the shower, can’t place it “better”.

Maybe I’m unlucky and got a bad one but I doubt it. It behaves just as the first version did.

I have installed the device handler and it is reporting temperature, humidity and motion but it is reporting 0 lux for the illuminance. Any help appreciated to get illuminance working.

Hi, just installed the first one of these to try it out. Using the device handler provided (thanks). Mine is frozen after the first add (new SmartThings app) with nothing new reporting since the original.

w/ Live logging open, I pressed the paper click button once and got this below. Any ideas?

2:43:41 PM: debug Parse returned: [[name:battery, unit:%, value:100, linkText:Master Bedroom Multi-Sensor, descriptionText:Master Bedroom Multi-Sensor battery is 100%, isStateChange:false, displayed:false]]
2:43:41 PM: debug Parse returned: [[descriptionText:Master Bedroom Multi-Sensor woke up, isStateChange:false, linkText:Master Bedroom Multi-Sensor, displayed:false], physicalgraph.device.HubMultiAction@bf2a04f]
2:43:41 PM: debug isConfigured: null
2:43:16 PM: debug getConfigurationCommands

If those are the log entries you’re seeing then the device is not using my handler. Check the devices “type” field in the IDE.

You are right =). There was some built in one already I guess. I changed to yours yesterday evening and the settings showed up in the new smart things app, I edited a few. Still no new data and I didn’t press the button, but overnight (~12 hours from when it first updated), the new smart things app did log an updated data stream. However, it then said “device offline” when I woke up.

Just now I pressed the button on it and it logged new data. Lux is still showing 0. I just went and pressed the button again (this time w/ the logger on). Here’s the data below.

I do want to ensure that it is logging every 15-30 min or so, and not every 12 hours (or when an event like motion wakes it up, obviously). Do I need to set anything specifically for that?

11:41:51 AM: debug LED Indicator Mode [1-4]
(1 = Temperature Off / Motion Off)
(2 = Temperature Pulse / Motion Flash)
(3 = Temperature Flash / Motion Flash)
(4 = Temperature Off / Motion Flash [ONLY FIRMWARE 16.9 AND ABOVE])(#7) = 4
11:41:50 AM: debug Motion Sensitivity [1-7]
(1 = Most Sensitive)
(7 = Least Sensitive)(#6) = 3
11:41:49 AM: debug Motion Clear Delay [1-255 or 15-60]
(1 Minute - 255 Minutes [FIRMWARE 5.1 & 16.9])
(15 Seconds - 60 Seconds [FIRMWARE 17.9])(#5) = 15
11:41:48 AM: debug Light Change Trigger [5-50]
(5% - 50%)(#4) = 10
11:41:47 AM: debug Humidity Change Trigger [1-50]
(1% - 50%)(#3) = 10
11:41:46 AM: debug Temperature Change Trigger [1-50]
(1 = 0.1°)
(50 = 5.0°)(#2) = 10
11:41:46 AM: debug The sensor data will be refreshed the next time the device wakes up. You can force the device to wake up immediately by using a paper clip to push the button on the bottom of the device.
11:41:46 AM: debug refresh()...
11:41:45 AM: debug Illuminance is 0lux
11:41:45 AM: debug Temperature Scale [0-1]
(0 = Celsius)
(1 = Fahrenheit)(#1) = 1
11:41:43 AM: debug Temperature is 69F
11:41:43 AM: debug Humidity is 55%
11:41:42 AM: debug All configuration settings and sensor data will be requested from the device the next time it wakes up. You can force the device to wake up immediately by using a paper clip to push the button on the bottom of the device.
11:41:42 AM: debug refresh()...
11:41:39 AM: debug Device Woke Up
11:41:37 AM: debug All configuration settings and sensor data will be requested from the device the next time it wakes up. You can force the device to wake up immediately by using a paper clip to push the button on the bottom of the device.
11:41:37 AM: debug refresh()...
11:41:19 AM: debug The sensor data will be refreshed the next time the device wakes up. You can force the device to wake up immediately by using a paper clip to push the button on the bottom of the device.
11:41:19 AM: debug refresh()...

Here are some more logs since;

11:57:20 AM: debug The configuration will be updated the next time the device wakes up. You can force the device to wake up immediately by using a paper clip to push the button on the bottom of the device.
11:56:30 AM: debug All configuration settings and sensor data will be requested from the device the next time it wakes up. You can force the device to wake up immediately by using a paper clip to push the button on the bottom of the device.
11:56:30 AM: debug refresh()…
11:50:41 AM: debug All configuration settings and sensor data will be requested from the device the next time it wakes up. You can force the device to wake up immediately by using a paper clip to push the button on the bottom of the device.
11:50:41 AM: debug refresh()…
11:44:07 AM: debug All configuration settings and sensor data will be requested from the device the next time it wakes up. You can force the device to wake up immediately by using a paper clip to push the button on the bottom of the device.
11:44:07 AM: debug refresh()…
11:44:01 AM: debug All configuration settings and sensor data will be requested from the device the next time it wakes up. You can force the device to wake up immediately by using a paper clip to push the button on the bottom of the device.
11:44:01 AM: debug refresh()…
11:43:52 AM: debug The configuration will be updated the next time the device wakes up. You can force the device to wake up immediately by using a paper clip to push the button on the bottom of the device.
11:43:38 AM: debug The sensor data will be refreshed the next time the device wakes up. You can force the device to wake up immediately by using a paper clip to push the button on the bottom of the device.
11:43:38 AM: debug refresh()…

Open the device in the IDE, click illuminance and see if there are any events.

Waking up is different then reporting measurements so you should keep e wake up at 12 hours.

The device takes measurements about every 3 minutes and if lux, temp, or humidity exceed their threshold specified in the settings then it should report all the values, but if those values haven’t changed then you probably won’t see anything in the logs.

Removing // from the log.trace line at the bottom of the code should make it display all messages in live logging.