[RELEASE] SleepNumber Bed Integration

Hello everyone,

You may remember the legacy SleepNumber integration, and were sad when it became obsolete after the SmartThings migration. After seeing the Python code for interfacing with the SleepNumber by TechnicalPickles, and a couple of other integrations that worked with Alexa, AWS, and Javascript that individuals could deploy on their own servers, and I decided to create one using PHP (since many hosted servers still offer PHP out of the box) and open-source it for others to run, as well.

In addition, I am hosting the integration, so if folks aren’t as technical but are comfortable with having their SleepNumber credentials stored (encrypted), then they can use the service with the code available to review.

As noted in the github repository:

[!CAUTION]

Your SleepNumber credentials will be stored encrypted in a database using the code from this repository because (to my knowledge) SleepNumber does NOT use Oauth. Efforts have been made to protect your password by using two different secrets stored separately (see oauth/example.settings.php’s mentions of SALT and PEPPER). It is possible that your password could be exposed through malicious efforts, so by providing your credentials in the integration, you assume all risk. DO NOT REUSE YOUR PASSWORD FOR SleepNumber WITH ANY OTHER WEBSITES.

[!CAUTION]
I am in no way affiliated with SleepNumber, this integration could break at any point. Use of the integration, whether by invite or by this repo’s code, must be considered “as is”, with all risks and liabilities assumed by yourself. The author, the author’s host, and all other parties involved are not liable for any harm or problems incurred by use.

There are two main repos:

• SleepyqPHP - Adapted from Python with added footwarming support
  • SmartThings-SleepNumber - The code and instructions for getting an invite to the hosted integration or running it on your own server with your own SmartThings device creation (lots of instructions).

This is what the device looks like in SmartThings:

Using this with SmartThings Routines, I have been able to customize Google Home routines that can control the bed with my voice as was previously the case with the obsolete integration. So far I have only tested this myself and with one other person, so apologies if there are bugs, but let me know if you discover any issues.

2 Likes