[RELEASE] Homebridge SmartThings v2.0

It is the newest. Make sure to also update the SmarTApp to v2.2.1 as well

I updated the SmartApp to 2.2.1 as well. The log still shows the button pushed several times every time I push it. Now it shows three times:

This happens every time I press the button once:

Button Press Event… | Button Number: (1) | Button Value: pushed
[1/20/2020, 5:25:37 pm] [SmartThings-v2] INFO: [Device Change Event]: (Knapp) [BUTTON] is pushed
[1/20/2020, 5:25:38 pm] [SmartThings-v2] INFO: [Device Change Event]: (Knapp) [BUTTON] is pushed
[1/20/2020, 5:25:38 pm] [SmartThings-v2] INFO: [Device Change Event]: (Knapp) [BUTTON] is pushed

You are running the latest plugin as well right?

Ignore the repeat logs i’ve been trying to find why they show up like that for a while.

Yeah I updated the plug-in as well. I’ll have to try and figure it out somehow. If I triple click the button I get the behavior I selected for single click. Don’t know why. Gonna have to see it it works with double click or press.

Alright, I’ll ignore the logs. Other devices connected to smartthings works though. Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

I don’t think buttons under ST natively support triple clicks

It doesn’t just somehow the first two clicks cancels out each other and then the third one makes the single click function happen.

I’ve installed the Smartthings v2 plugin using the Community Installer and it appears in the SmartThings classic app.

However, the instructions for obtaining the App URL, App ID and App Token in the Hoobs installer are completely invalid. There is no ‘View Configuration Data for Homebridge’ option anywhere within the SmartThings app, and i’ve looked absolutely everywhere including in the Automation / SmartApps / Homebridge v2 section.

The label changed in the smartapp.

2 Likes

Perfect, thanks. That will teach me to try and follow instructions literally rather than opening my eyes.

1 Like

Hi, ST Integration into HomeKit worked well for me for a couple of years, but after v2, I am struggling. I can set it up and get the devices to appear in the Home app, but there is such a long delay in updating the status that it is unusable. Sensors take 10 to 15 minutes so no help in triggering other devices, and the same with switches or lights, so turning them on creates no response.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Not sure.
The updates should be instant.
Maybe you need to start over new with the install because ST can’t seem to find the Homebridge device to send updates to

I moved from the v1 plugin to v2 and I am also seeing delays. Not all the time though.Mostly the update is instant, sometimes it take a while and sometimes it fails. When there is a delay I see the update in the Homebridge log instantly and that the plugin appears to be sending to the Hub. However, if I watch the Hub logs I do not always see the correlated event. I have noticed that performance is much better if local commands is off.

Since last week Local commands have become useless.
ST changed something again recently that affecting local lan events on the hub.
It stripping out headers for some reason. I’m not even sure who to reach out to from St

I might try starting over again. How “far back” would you suggest I go? Remove and reinstall the SmartApp in the ST app, or even remove it from my ST IDE apps?

Tried doing the whole setup from scratch, now testing only one light switch. When trying to turn that on the Home app, Homebridge logs the following:

NOTICE: Sending Device Command: on | Name: (Walli Switch) | DeviceID: (028a7524-fd0a-4713-88e1-954e784860e3) | SendToLocalHub: (false)
ERROR: sendDeviceCommand Error | SmartThings Authentication Error: true | Message: undefined

I am not sure what this means?

something is configured wrong with oauth for the smartapp or the config.json doesn’t contain the correct app_id or auth_token

I had indeed missed a / when copying the config entries, it now seems to work!

1 Like

@tonesto7 - absolutely love this plugin, it’s my favourite Homebridge plugin, allows me to use webcore on virtual switches i’ve added to Homekit and active stuff in Smartthings with Homekit.

I just wondered, is there anyway to do the same thing in reverse and provide homekit accessories to SmartThings? There are a number of things that ironically I only have support for natively in Homekit, or via Homebridge and not in SmartThings and it’d be great to be able to add them as accessories I can control in Webcore.

2 Likes

I’m glad you are enjoying it.
Unfortunately,
I don’t think I can bring in HomeKit devices. under HomeKit the bridges are compartmentalized from one another

1 Like

No problem, I didn’t think so, but thought it worth checking the idea around.