[RELEASE] Homebridge SmartThings v2.0

No worries. Thanks for info and continued development

I’m having trouble @tonesto7 installing the new HomeBridge V2

I have the app updated and I replaced my plugin following the instructions. When I restart the service or load HomeBridge manually, it still tries to load the old plugin even though I removed it from the config.json file. I even removed the accessoris and persist subfolders in the .homebridge folder. My config files looks as follows:

Not sure what I’m doing wrong…

The older version worked fine but I like to keep updated…
Here is the error log:

I give up… tried everything… just keep getting a syntax error in createScript vm.js:56:10

There is still an old version of the npm package on the system if you are seeing that error

Okay - I will grab the source directly from you GitHub and try again.

What I mean is try running npm remove -g homebridge-smartthings

Just Released v2.1 of SmartApp and Plugin.

Check the readme for changes

3 Likes

I tried doing the remove as suggested but I’m still getting the same error.

Going to try removing all homebridge references and reinstalling from scratch. Looks like my npm is complaining about a package called chalk. Not sure what that is about - might be related.

Think I have an old Node version that is the problem. v6.11.2 – going to update it now and try again

Yup - that was it… I had a manually installed old version of Node.js and npm in /usr/local/bin that was overriding the new version and creating node apps in a weird place. Once i removed that and reinstalled a fresh Node version, homebridge and the plugin, everything started working perfectly.

1 Like

I still can’t seem to run it as a service as I did before but it runs in the background just fine.

Are local commands suppose to be supported? I enabled it but doesn’t seem to work still. Thanks!

Yes they should be supported but let me make sure I clarify what local commands mean.

When the local commands are disabled the plugin speaks directly to an endpoint created by the ST Homebridge App.
When enabled it sends a POST request to the ST Hub at port 39500 which is sent to the cloud and then received as a hub event so any app that subscribes to that event is woke up and processed then action is taken.

1 Like

Can I get you guys to explain to me how you are using the Buttons under HomeKit?
The way I see it is you can not initiate a button press under homekit back to ST.
The stateless buttons only allow you to define devices/scenes to be triggered under homekit for each button press type (pressed, held).

i could imagine using my aeon minimote or xiaomi magic cube to set my ring alarm or to control other homekit devices.

This could be done using momentary buttons tiles though… they still work without issue.

Thank you for all the effort!

1 Like

Maybe a stupid question but can i use a zigbee danalock in homekit with this plugin? Or what types of devices a supported?

I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.

I’ve been doing a lot of homebridge stuff just out of my own interest and decided to get a Smartthings Hub just to be able to get zigbee devices into Homekit using your plug-in.

I concider myself pretty good at these things but for some reasons I cannot get the devices connected to Smartthings to work or respond properly in Homekit. You created an awesome UI and a really good plug-in but for some reason the smartthings devices won’t react the way they should in homekit.

I bough a Smartthings button that I wanted to use in homekit but I wont get any reaction from it in Homekt. It shows in homekit and I see the button being pushed in the homebridge log but nothing happens to the other devices I wanted to control with the button. Randomly it will send commands that turns on a light but that is rare.

I just feel that I’ve done something wrong in the setup but since hombridge recognizes all the connected devices and I see them in Apple Home I dont know what I should do… If I make changes in the Homebridge V2.0 app, should I always update the config file?

What I see in the log is that every time I click the button it registers as two clicks. When i click twice it registers as two times two clicks and so on:

This is how it looks in the log when I click the button once:

Button Press Event… | Button Number: (1) | Button Value: pushed
[1/19/2020, 2:33:28 pm] [SmartThings-v2] INFO: [Device Change Event]: (Knapp) [BUTTON] is pushed
Button Press Event… | Button Number: (1) | Button Value: pushed
[1/19/2020, 2:33:28 pm] [SmartThings-v2] INFO: [Device Change Event]: (Knapp) [BUTTON] is pushed

There were issues with the buttons that were resolved in v2.2.x+ of the plugin. Make sure you are running the latest version

1 Like

I am running v2.2.1. is that newest version?